Cannondale Synapse v. Six13

garytiu

Aug 5, 2004
Has anyone tried these two (relatively) new Cannondales?
I've heard people rave on about Six13 (firm, comfortable, responsive and great on hills). Makes me wonder why they bother to release the new all-carbon Synapse.
Anyone have any views?

[I'm presently riding a Cannondale R3000 (Dura Ace 10 Speed, Ksyrium SL) and loving it for the acceleration and hill-climb stiffness, but bumping roads are a bit of a bother.]

I am looking at a new bike as well (have 2003 R2000) and seriously considering 2005 six13 with DA. Also interested in any feedback.

garytiu said:
Has anyone tried these two (relatively) new Cannondales?
I've heard people rave on about Six13 (firm, comfortable, responsive and great on hills). Makes me wonder why they bother to release the new all-carbon Synapse.
Anyone have any views?

[I'm presently riding a Cannondale R3000 (Dura Ace 10 Speed, Ksyrium SL) and loving it for the acceleration and hill-climb stiffness, but bumping roads are a bit of a bother.]
I bought the 2006 Six13 with Durace in May. The ride is fantastic and the carbon fiber in the frame and fork really tames the aluminum. The carbon fiber handlebars are also incredible. The Synapse was created to keep up with the "carbon" is better attitude. It is to compete with Trek, etc. It uses a more relaxed angles and rides a bit softer than the Six13. The Six13 is a race frame with great handling and great for decents - really hugs the line. My Six13 fully built up weights 15.75 lbs.http://www.cyclingforums.com/images/icons/icon10.gif