Cannondale synapse vs kestrel rt1100

viveksinha

Oct 29, 2018
I am looking for an endurance bike and have come down to the synapse and rt1100. Looking at the top end of both including etap. Wanted to see if anyone had a view on what i should choose.

Not looking to race but i do like 100 mile rides so comfort is certainly important.

I have an old 2013 alloy synapse and it is a very comfortable bike. I can't speak on the Kestrel, but you can't go wrong with a synapse. It absorbs road vibration very well.

I am looking for an endurance bike and have come down to the synapse and rt1100. Looking at the top end of both including etap. Wanted to see if anyone had a view on what i should choose.

Not looking to race but i do like 100 mile rides so comfort is certainly important.
Something I never thought I'd say before - older carbon fiber bikes like the Time VX is a very comfortable ride with 28 mm tires on it. My 2014 Colnago CLX 3.0 with 25 mm tires on it is really comfortable. But I am used to a racing position and you may not be. A more upright position might be comfortable to you until you have to go a long way into a strong headwind.