[Cannondale] Synapse vs Super Six

peterjonas

Apr 16, 2014
This is my first page on this forum.
For two months I want the Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5105, and then finally I got it in the online store Semeru Bike Center, located in eastern Java town of Malang, and I was there to take my order.
Before buying I have two choices between Synapse and Super Six, according to shop owners each have advantages. So between Synapse and Super Six Which is better?

I just read your three-star review of your new Synapse over in the reviews section.

Something isn't adding up.

Different bikes for different purposes. The SuperSix is a race bike with a lower front end. The stack height isn't all that low compared to some bikes.

The synapse is a good long distance bike for folks that don't want the bars so low. Personally, when I got my SuperSix Hi-Mod in 2010, I found the higher front end of the Synapse a bit weird - even though the bar height was about the same.

I love the SuperSix - it's a monster of a bike. Descends almost telepathically, corners like a dream and dispite having a downtubed that looks way too big for stiffness the ride is actually very plush. The engineers worked the layup to filter out a lot of road buzz. An incredible bike.

Originally Posted by swampy1970
Different bikes for different purposes. The SuperSix is a race bike with a lower front end. The stack height isn't all that low compared to some bikes.

The synapse is a good long distance bike for folks that don't want the bars so low. Personally, when I got my SuperSix Hi-Mod in 2010, I found the higher front end of the Synapse a bit weird - even though the bar height was about the same.

I love the SuperSix - it's a monster of a bike. Descends almost telepathically, corners like a dream and dispite having a downtubed that looks way too big for stiffness the ride is actually very plush. The engineers worked the layup to filter out a lot of road buzz. An incredible bike.
Thank you for your info, if the bar high to determine the aerodynamic while cycling?

Front end height/length translates into overall position on the bike = a better aerodynamic position if lower. It also translates into comfort and/or endurance on the bike.

Some folks have backs that are more flexible than others. Some can stay seated for long periods with their hips rotated more. Some riders just prefer a more upright position and may generate their power in that posture.

Different horses for different courses. It's not really a question of whether the Synapse or SuperSix is better, but which is better suited to an individual rider, terrain, road conditions and riding type. Both are excellent framesets.