Cannondale System Six



Twilly

New Member
Jul 20, 2006
16
0
0
The new standard for bike drooling has been set.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/cusa/cats/road_er_systemsix.html

Has anyone got one? Would you like to write a review sorta thing on it?

I am personally a Huge fan of cannondales, got the Six13 just lately but I'm scared I got it too early so does anyone have a comparison of the two?

And finally any Idea what they are retailing for?

I think its pretty cool how they come standard with the Special Edition Ksyrium ES s but I'm not too fond of the massive stem although I haven't seen it up close.
 

Jaguar27

New Member
Sep 19, 2003
648
0
0
I've been riding my Team Replica (Record) one for 19 happy months now and love it...I purposely bought that model so I wouldn't have to upgrade anything and it's worked out really well...apart from a Record Climbing Cassette...

I'd like to try a system to see what the scoop is, I haven't any idea what the price is?? Probably around $6K again for the nicest one...there are lots of nice Bikes one can buy in that price range so it had better be good...right?

Twilly said:
The new standard for bike drooling has been set.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/cusa/cats/road_er_systemsix.html

Has anyone got one? Would you like to write a review sorta thing on it?

I am personally a Huge fan of cannondales, got the Six13 just lately but I'm scared I got it too early so does anyone have a comparison of the two?

And finally any Idea what they are retailing for?

I think its pretty cool how they come standard with the Special Edition Ksyrium ES s but I'm not too fond of the massive stem although I haven't seen it up close.
 

Jaguar27

New Member
Sep 19, 2003
648
0
0
I found some prices, I don't know how accurate they are....
Dura-Ace - $6,900
SRAM - $4,700
Ultegra - $3,700

We'll see.... :confused:
 

JTE83

Member
Jan 28, 2004
1,390
18
0
I wouldn't drool for that bike. I'd drool for a CF Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404 wheels.

I've seen a nice Six 13 at a bike show, but my $2000 2006 Raleigh Prestige with 2005 1350 gram Ritchey Protocol wheels and a Stronglight Pulsion crank beats it without a doubt. 50cm with a Cateye Astrale 8 and Polar Power output kit and it weighs 17.2 lbs.
 

Jaguar27

New Member
Sep 19, 2003
648
0
0
artmichalek said:
Looks pretty so long as you never need to replace the fork. :rolleyes:

Go on then art, tell us...what would happen if I needed to replace the Forks?

:confused:
 

Jaguar27

New Member
Sep 19, 2003
648
0
0
JTE83 said:
I wouldn't drool for that bike. I'd drool for a CF Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404 wheels.

I've seen a nice Six 13 at a bike show, but my $2000 2006 Raleigh Prestige with 2005 1350 gram Ritchey Protocol wheels and a Stronglight Pulsion crank beats it without a doubt. 50cm with a Cateye Astrale 8 and Polar Power output kit and it weighs 17.2 lbs.

So I wasted four Grand?? Dang!! Where were you when I was Bike shopping??
:mad:
 

Twilly

New Member
Jul 20, 2006
16
0
0
JTE83 said:
I wouldn't drool for that bike. I'd drool for a CF Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404 wheels.

I've seen a nice Six 13 at a bike show, but my $2000 2006 Raleigh Prestige with 2005 1350 gram Ritchey Protocol wheels and a Stronglight Pulsion crank beats it without a doubt. 50cm with a Cateye Astrale 8 and Polar Power output kit and it weighs 17.2 lbs.
You obviously haven't actually ridden a six13 yet then. Its the 'ferrari' of bikes.
 

artmichalek

New Member
Sep 15, 2004
2,010
0
0
40
Jaguar27 said:
Go on then art, tell us...what would happen if I needed to replace the Forks?

:confused:
In case you hadn't noticed, the steerer tube is tapered from 1 1/2" at the crown to 1 1/8" at the stem. There aren't any aftermarket forks that will fit the frame, and no indication as to how far into the future Cannondale will be producing replacements.
 

Jaguar27

New Member
Sep 19, 2003
648
0
0
artmichalek said:
In case you hadn't noticed, the steerer tube is tapered from 1 1/2" at the crown to 1 1/8" at the stem. There aren't any aftermarket forks that will fit the frame, and no indication as to how far into the future Cannondale will be producing replacements.

Oh, I'm sorry art, you were talking about the system 6...I thought you meant the six13 which I've seen with easton Forks....

But the Glass is always half full..."I have bad news Love, I need to buy a new Bike because I can't get Forks for THIS one..." ;)
 

JTE83

Member
Jan 28, 2004
1,390
18
0
Here a pic of the nice Six 13 I saw at the bike show as well as my $2000 Raleigh Prestige with a Astrale 8 and Polar Power Output kit (worrth $2350?).

Which one would you rather have of these two bikes?
 

squik

New Member
Jul 26, 2006
2
0
0
JTE83 said:
Here a pic of the nice Six 13 I saw at the bike show as well as my $2000 Raleigh Prestige with a Astrale 8 and Polar Power Output kit (worrth $2350?).


Which one would you rather have of these two bikes?
we are talking about the system 6 not the six 13 and i would still rather have the six 13
 

Twilly

New Member
Jul 20, 2006
16
0
0
JTE83 said:
Here a pic of the nice Six 13 I saw at the bike show as well as my $2000 Raleigh Prestige with a Astrale 8 and Polar Power Output kit (worrth $2350?).

Which one would you rather have of these two bikes?
Its not about the looks though. I agree, your raleigh prestige does look nice, possibly even better. but the fact of the matter is the Six13 is one of the nicest frames to ride in the world and witht the introduction of the System 6 it looks like it might be even better that the Six13 plus in my opinion it looks nicer.
 

a1086528

New Member
Sep 17, 2004
70
0
0
Hi Guys the system six looks way nicer up close than in the photos.

The black 50cm frame i was looking at with the new SRAM Force grouppo weighed 6.4kg.
 

Rocket^

New Member
Jul 30, 2005
85
0
0
I've had the SRAM version for three months now. I can't imagine anyone who rides one having much criticism for this ride. It transfers so much of the power on climbs, one has to experience it to believe it. Just when you think the climbing characteristics are amazing, you experience the excellent descending characteristics. I live in a fairly hilly area and twisting 40+ mph descents are not uncommon. Day one on this bike I was descending 4 to 5 mph faster on twisting descents, and after getting used to the bike this has increased. I can't say enough about the handling. It is light, stiff, and comfortable on long rides. What more can you ask for? I can't compare this to everything that is on the market, but in my opinion, you can't go wrong if you choose the System Six.
 

sogood

New Member
Aug 24, 2006
2,148
0
36
Rocket^ said:
I've had the SRAM version for three months now. I can't imagine anyone who rides one having much criticism for this ride. It transfers so much of the power on climbs, one has to experience it to believe it. Just when you think the climbing characteristics are amazing, you experience the excellent descending characteristics. I live in a fairly hilly area and twisting 40+ mph descents are not uncommon. Day one on this bike I was descending 4 to 5 mph faster on twisting descents, and after getting used to the bike this has increased. I can't say enough about the handling. It is light, stiff, and comfortable on long rides. What more can you ask for? I can't compare this to everything that is on the market, but in my opinion, you can't go wrong if you choose the System Six.
How much of that experience was attributable to the wheelset that came with SystemSIX? I understand that they came with Mavic K-ES, and that's a very stiff wheel, have you compared your old bike with the new using the same wheel? Also, just what was the old bike spec your comparison is based on?
 

alienator

Well-Known Member
Jun 10, 2004
12,596
310
0
sogood said:
How much of that experience was attributable to the wheelset that came with SystemSIX? I understand that they came with Mavic K-ES, and that's a very stiff wheel, have you compared your old bike with the new using the same wheel? Also, just what was the old bike spec your comparison is based on?

Mavic Ksyriums are not stiff wheels. They routinely finish last or nearly last in lateral stiffness tests.
 

sogood

New Member
Aug 24, 2006
2,148
0
36
alienator said:
Mavic Ksyriums are not stiff wheels. They routinely finish last or nearly last in lateral stiffness tests.
Ok, stiff or not, I am interested in Rocket^'s point of reference for his opinion on that SystemSIX.
 

Rocket^

New Member
Jul 30, 2005
85
0
0
sogood said:
How much of that experience was attributable to the wheelset that came with SystemSIX? I understand that they came with Mavic K-ES, and that's a very stiff wheel, have you compared your old bike with the new using the same wheel? Also, just what was the old bike spec your comparison is based on?
I have the exact same wheels on my other bike (Trek 5200/Dura Ace/Mavic K-ES) so it wasn't the wheels. I expected the C'dale to be better as it is lighter and newer technology, but I wasn't expecting such a drastic difference. I can't compare it to the newer bikes on the market but I have been riding for 13yrs so I do have some basis for reference.

I agonized over the decision for a new bike. I looked at Cervelo, Orbea, Isaac, Cannondale, and Trek. Everthing I read about the System Six's predecessor the Six 13 was positive. Based on users reviews of the Six 13 and the improvements C'dale built into the System Six, I decided to give it a try. I'm definately not disapointed. I wouldn't be bold enough to say it is the best bike on the market, but I would certaintly think it can hold it's own against it's competitors.