Cannondale System Six

Rocket^ said:
I have the exact same wheels on my other bike (Trek 5200/Dura Ace/Mavic K-ES) so it wasn't the wheels. I expected the C'dale to be better as it is lighter and newer technology, but I wasn't expecting such a drastic difference. I can't compare it to the newer bikes on the market but I have been riding for 13yrs so I do have some basis for reference.

I agonized over the decision for a new bike. I looked at Cervelo, Orbea, Isaac, Cannondale, and Trek. Everthing I read about the System Six's predecessor the Six 13 was positive. Based on users reviews of the Six 13 and the improvements C'dale built into the System Six, I decided to give it a try. I'm definately not disapointed. I wouldn't be bold enough to say it is the best bike on the market, but I would certaintly think it can hold it's own against it's competitors.
Thanks for the verification. SystemSIX sure sounded sweet. Waiting for that frame to come up on eBay...

As a new Six13 owner I can say that the geometry is definately geared for great descending speed and high speed cornering confidence. The LBS owner told me that the System six actually rides more like the Caad8's so back to a bit stiffer ride, but not harsh. The geometry is the same I think between the two, but it might be safe for me to check that out again!! I would have a system six if it werent for the price of entry this year.

Maybe in a year or two when they come down. I hear the Slice TT bikes are quite fast as wel, though they lack the whicked fast looks of a Cervelo or Orbea.

I have one - just picked it up a couple of days ago. Rode it Saturday and Sunday. I haven't had a road bike in many years, and wanted to get something special. I am not disappointed, not one bit, it is nothing short of spectacular. It is an amazing bike - no matter how hard I rode it, it just kept daring me to give more. When you lay the hammer down, no one gets close. I am admittedly low on the road bike learning curve, but I left plenty of very experienced riders scratching their heads. Everything you read about the System Six is true - stiff and explosively fast. Some beautiful engineering.
Twilly said:
The new standard for bike drooling has been set.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/cusa/cats/road_er_systemsix.html

Has anyone got one? Would you like to write a review sorta thing on it?

I am personally a Huge fan of cannondales, got the Six13 just lately but I'm scared I got it too early so does anyone have a comparison of the two?

And finally any Idea what they are retailing for?

I think its pretty cool how they come standard with the Special Edition Ksyrium ES s but I'm not too fond of the massive stem although I haven't seen it up close.

JTE83 said:
Here a pic of the nice Six 13 I saw at the bike show as well as my $2000 Raleigh Prestige with a Astrale 8 and Polar Power Output kit (worrth $2350?).

Which one would you rather have of these two bikes?
It's not even a close comparison. I'd take the Six13 or the SystemSix every single time.

--brett

JTE83 said:
I wouldn't drool for that bike. I'd drool for a CF Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404 wheels.

I've seen a nice Six 13 at a bike show, but my $2000 2006 Raleigh Prestige with 2005 1350 gram Ritchey Protocol wheels and a Stronglight Pulsion crank beats it without a doubt. 50cm with a Cateye Astrale 8 and Polar Power output kit and it weighs 17.2 lbs.

I thought you had a Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404 wheels?

dbackmtg said:
I thought you had a Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404 wheels?

When I made that old post reply I didn't have a CF Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404 wheels. Then I worked a temp job in KY and bought a CF Soloist and Zipp 404 clinchers from ebay. Now I'm upgrading it with a CF Selle seat , ceramic bearings, and Zero Gravity TI's. It's gonna be awesome when I get back to Chicago and put it together for a ride. Will post a thread on it!

JTE83 said:
When I made that old post reply I didn't have a CF Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404 wheels. Then I worked a temp job in KY and bought a CF Soloist and Zipp 404 clinchers from ebay. Now I'm upgrading it with a CF Selle seat , ceramic bearings, and Zero Gravity TI's. It's gonna be awesome when I get back to Chicago and put it together for a ride. Will post a thread on it!

I wasn't trying to be ignorant, in fact I hadn't had a specific post in mind, I just thought I remembered you having one. My mistake. I like your Prestige. I have a Supercourse. '06 I'm a big Raliegh fan. I'm thinking of getting next years Prestige.