Cannondale SystemSix '08 ??

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by EL CICLISTA, Jun 19, 2007.

1. EL CICLISTA

EL CICLISTA New Member

Hello, I'm just transitioning from a mountain bike to a road bike and would like to get some feedback.
    At a LBS I saw a Cannondale SysytemSix4-2008 Model. It has SRAM Rival Components, Mavic wheels. The 2008 models are not shown at Cannondale's website. Just wanted to see if anybody had any thoughts on this bike, it's retailing for $2300. The specs on the frame and fork is the same as the SystemSix 2 and 3 si. Sorry I'm not more specific on the components of the bike, the store didn't have a brochure at the time. Any info would be of great help.
    By the way I'm Miami, Fl. Thanks

Tags:

2. EL CICLISTA

EL CICLISTA New Member

Anyone has any thoughts on the System Six model itself? Any Cannondale owners out there?

Just want to get some feedback.

Thanks

3. vascdoc

vascdoc New Member

I have not tried the System Six but have ride a Six13 for over two years. I love it. Lively feel but very comfortable on the century rides. It is great on descents and climbing. I have Durace and have no comment on the components that are currently offered with the System six. You should try the bike and ride others as well. You should pick a bike based on the way it feels to you. I hope that is helpful.

4. LeDomestique

LeDomestique New Member

They are fantastic. I have a MTB (9 year old) and a new CAAD9. Cannondale is generally accepted as the best aluminum frame out there. FYI, I also have two other bikes, both Giant (mtb and road).

I tried a system 6 six months ago and it was a mouth-watering experience.

Basically, you can't go wrong with it. Just make sure the size is right

cheers