Cannondale?

Luke Schierts said:
I'vr read through a lot of posts on this forum and I never see anyone mention Cannondale. My lbs carries Cannondale & Specalized. I've ridden both and like the Cannondales better. I'm actually trying to decide between the six13 and the systemsix. I was wondering if anyone has any input on either of these two bikes or is there another bike that I should be considering? my price range is around $3000-$3500. Thanks
Lucky dog.

I bought a 2005 Specialized Tarmac Comp. While I really like my bike (really, I do!) I WANTED a Cannondale - no, I think the operative word is COVETED or LUSTED. I know, I know - one of the seven deadly sins but, hey, I'm weak. Perhaps someday when I have and extra $3,000 to $4,000 just laying around . . . .

I'd go with the SystemSix - Dura-Ace/Ultegra components (ahem, shwing). I love the feel of my "inferior" Specialized carbon ride.

Rob

rosborn said:
Lucky dog.

I bought a 2005 Specialized Tarmac Comp. While I really like my bike (really, I do!) I WANTED a Cannondale - no, I think the operative word is COVETED or LUSTED. I know, I know - one of the seven deadly sins but, hey, I'm weak. Perhaps someday when I have and extra $3,000 to $4,000 just laying around . . . .

I'd go with the SystemSix - Dura-Ace/Ultegra components (ahem, shwing). I love the feel of my "inferior" Specialized carbon ride.

Rob
My System Six is outfitted with Dura-Ace - I bought the 25th Anniversary package, after the 25th year, when prices came down to less than half. I topped it off with a Brooks Swift saddle. It is a beautiful bike. My buddy rides a CAAD (I think 8), and this bike smokes it. The Six is light (for me, anyway - lighter than some of the fixed gear bikes around my LBS), super responsive and as fast as you want it. I hear the prices will drop when the Super Six is selling, so maybe next season....

ive had a cheapish cannondale (£300 about $550 i think) and it was good...

but when i got my cannondale, (£1100 about $2000) i realised the quality difference straight away! the weight was the main thing - makes so much difference on riding performance etc etc

and the general quality of the cannondale bikes is higher i think - they tend to have better geometry and things like the frame welds are smoothed over (theres a name for that, not sure what its called) - also, cannondales are HAND-BUILT in the USA - where mtbing first started or in theory, was invented - whereas specialized's are made by machines in tiawan or something.

cannondale for the win!

even if they are a tad more expensive - they are deffinately worth every penny!

good luck :)

In the past 3 months I have gone through two Specialized Tarmac's. The reason is due to "death Wobbles" or also known as high speed wobbles. I found the front end of this bike to be extremely loose and twitchy for my taste. I would give you my opinion behind the wobbles but I'm afraid to start a long discussion on this issue. Tomorrow I purchase a SystemSix Cannondale. I rode a Cannondale before the Tarmac. Now I'm going back to Cannondale. The reason is the SystemSix's robust front end. I no longer want to experience wobbles. Regards.