cannot get rid off hop

Steven S wrote:
>> In the blue trunks we have the champion Jobst Brandt, and in the red
>> trunks the challenger jim beam!
>>

> Ok I guess that point is debatable but it seems moot. Of all the new rims
> I've looked at none seem to be annodized anymore.

bet you they are! color is not an indicator.

on the handedness, i don't know: changing the hub is more frequent
here. I assume, the reality of swapping spokes forward and aft of the
nipple hole reveals the coprrect method. finding the air hole under
spokes is no big deal.
The even spoke tension "idea" is not the next step.
the next step is reducing, or eliminating hop not even spoke tension.
bicycle wheels are not run on the salt flats, don't worry about it
just true the wheel. Trueing the wheel gives "even spoke tension" more
or less. If the tension was not "more or less" even then the wheel
'would not function. '
even spoke/nipple tension is a math concept in theory, a feel
experience in practice.
when will you get a feeeeeel for rim building? who knows? anyway he's
busy.
as you get past lateral to radial then combine the two, with deftness
at taking a grossly beaten rim and grossly torqueing it back into
shape or artfully cajoling a new rim/spokes/hub into shape, the even
spoke feel begins as you adjust each corrective nipple turn with
comprehension of where that specific torque lies in the total plan to
true. hahahahaha!hehe
like the bridge in lake land.

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 00:05:30 -0500, in rec.bicycles.tech you wrote:

>1990 Trek 1400. Besides it probably wouldn't fit in the 126
>dropouts. In any case this thread is starting to wander off topic.

I've respaced hubs to 128 mm onn Trek of that vintabe and the wheel
went right into dropouts w/o any forcing. I removed 2 mm of spacers
from the hubs.