Canondale Evo 2013 vs Tarmac SL4 2012

bronj

Jan 9, 2013
I am aware that I should test ride them both and a lot of the difference is in the personal feel, but I would love to get some extra opinions from riders who have either bike, and hopefully have ridden both.

I am looking to get a new bike between now and the spring. Cat4 racing. Mostly road raced, but crits as well.

I currently ride a Roubaix SL2 (I bought it to ride centuries and ended up falling in love with racing). But now as I am progressing and the bike is getting up in miles it's time to get a new one. I like the bike, a lot, but the frame is too flexible. I did race with 808's and the wheels were stiffer than the frame which would bend when I'd stand up and put power into it. So I am looking for something stiffer that will not waste power and something that's light that I can whip around and have some fun with.

I started looking at the 2013 Evo with Red components. Bike looks awesome has great reviews and the components are a big step up for me. Price point is about $4k which is a good value in my opinion.

Then I was offered a 2012 Tarmac SL4 for the same price. It's brand new, they just never sold it. The original price point was much higher, $5600 I believe. I like the look and it also has good reviews. The components are also Red which is great.

I am not sure what to do. I'm going to try to demo them both at some point before making a decision, but would love some input.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

i would stay with Specialized, i think its a good deal that they are offering you, maybe you could even trade the Roubaix in as part of the payment ?