Can't reply-isng google-too busy

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Guest
Can read but when I try to reply to a post_"Mike J., I'm NOT going to
Interbike..If I hear another fairy tale about carbon or ceramic bearing
balls, I'm gonna snap"-it stalls, and goes no further-

anybody else have this problem?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Can read but when I try to reply to a post_"Mike J., I'm NOT going to
> Interbike..If I hear another fairy tale about carbon or ceramic bearing
> balls, I'm gonna snap"-it stalls, and goes no further-
>
> anybody else have this problem?

i don't understand your crazy moon language!

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:37:52 GMT, Fred Clydesdale
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Can read but when I try to reply to a post_"Mike J., I'm NOT going to
>> Interbike..If I hear another fairy tale about carbon or ceramic bearing
>> balls, I'm gonna snap"-it stalls, and goes no further-
>>
>> anybody else have this problem?

>i don't understand your crazy moon language!

Translation:

Can't reply-using google, maybe the server too busy? Can read but when
I try to reply to a post it stalls and goes no further- Anybody else
have this problem?

On 24 Sep 2006 07:33:51 -0700, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Can read but when I try to reply to a post_"Mike J., I'm NOT going to
>Interbike..If I hear another fairy tale about carbon or ceramic bearing
>balls, I'm gonna snap"-it stalls, and goes no further-
>
>anybody else have this problem?

Dear Peter,

Google Groups for RBT has had a bad case of indigestion for several
days and is still stuck on Friday.

Other groups, such as rec.bicycles.misc are working.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.tech

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.misc

It's probably a technical problem with the group. :)

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Can read but when I try to reply to a post_"Mike J., I'm NOT going to
>Interbike..If I hear another fairy tale about carbon or ceramic bearing
>balls, I'm gonna snap"-it stalls, and goes no further-
>
>anybody else have this problem?

Dear Peter,

I forgot to mention a free alternative similar to Google Groups, which
lets anyone use a browser to look at RBT without downloading like a
newsreader:

http://www.cyclingforums.com/f172-rec.bicycles.tech.html

Like Google, you have to join to post to RBT on Cycling Forums.
They're up and running and showing RBT, so anyone who can't see past
Friday on Google Groups and has something desperately important to
post might give them a try.

If nothing else, CyclingForums has excellent taste in initials.

Here's the stalled Google Groups:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.tech

Cheers,

CF

wrote:

>Can read but when I try to reply to a post_"Mike J., I'm NOT going to
>Interbike..If I hear another fairy tale about carbon or ceramic bearing
>balls, I'm gonna snap"-it stalls, and goes no further-

It just doesnt' want to hear your opinion about alternative bearing balls.

Ron

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:04:47 -0500, Tim McNamara
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> I forgot to mention a free alternative similar to Google Groups,
>> which lets anyone use a browser to look at RBT without downloading
>> like a newsreader:
>>
>> http://www.cyclingforums.com/f172-rec.bicycles.tech.html

>Visually that looks much better to me than the Google interface.

Dear Tim,

You may like Google better if you switch to its tree view.

Unfortunately, the ability of CyclingForums to search the archives is
poor compared to Google Groups.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

> On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:04:47 -0500, Tim McNamara
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>,
> > [email protected] wrote:
> >
> >> I forgot to mention a free alternative similar to Google Groups,
> >> which lets anyone use a browser to look at RBT without downloading
> >> like a newsreader:
> >>
> >> http://www.cyclingforums.com/f172-rec.bicycles.tech.html

> >Visually that looks much better to me than the Google interface.

> Dear Tim,
>
> You may like Google better if you switch to its tree view.
>
> Unfortunately, the ability of CyclingForums to search the archives is
> poor compared to Google Groups.

Hmm, I think I'll stick to a newsreader. It's much faster and more
efficient to use for my purposes- and not quite as Luddite as my
preference for friction shifting.