Can't Something Be Done?

Chere

Guest
About all this Spam X 6??? It's disgusting and ruining our newsgroup.

Chere

I use Free Agent newsreader through the free CIS server and I don't get any spam on this newsgroup.
I get a bit on one of the Buddhist newsgroups that I occasionally visit, but that's the only one
that I get any on. Even that is actually just one guy spamming about a dozen of the religion
newsgroups so it may be too small for a spam blocker to catch.

Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

"chere" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> About all this Spam X 6??? It's disgusting and ruining our newsgroup.
>
> Chere

I use Outlook Express (please don't tell me how bad it is) through Comcast and I have no idea what
you are talking about because I don't see it.

skip

Thanks... I'll do that - someone is posting the same SPAM many times over in a succession -
most annoying.
--
Chere ~ GRR Sanibel, FL / Cumberland, MD

I use Outlook Express through Mindspring (Earthlink) and it's been bombarded with the stuff,
especially the past couple of days.

chere

"chere" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I use Outlook Express through Mindspring (Earthlink) and it's been bombarded with the stuff,
> especially the past couple of days.
>
> chere

Then Comcast has done an excellent job of filtering that stuff out of the newsgroups and email. I
rarely ever see it. So I guess I don't know how good I've got it.

skip

"So I guess I don't know how good I've got it."

Skip, it's the American Way :)

chere

"chere" skrev...
> "So I guess I don't know how good I've got it."
>
> Skip, it's the American Way :)

This one is free and fast and fairly spamfree. http://news.cis.dfn.de/

Mikael

That's the one I use. The combination of the cis server and Forte Free Agent have served me
very well.

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:02:15 +0200, "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"chere" skrev...
>> "So I guess I don't know how good I've got it."
>>
>> Skip, it's the American Way :)
>
>This one is free and fast and fairly spamfree. http://news.cis.dfn.de/
>
>Mikael

Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

I also use Outlook Express through Comcast and I am getting all of it.

Skip, How did you turn it off?

"Bob Wand" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:rtJLa.57611$3d.27279@sccrnsc02...
> I also use Outlook Express through Comcast and I am getting all of it.
>
> Skip, How did you turn it off?

I didn't do anything other than download the Comcast software. I've never gotten anything other than
a occasional bit of spam on the newsreader or in my email. Someone with a better understanding than
I will have to explain
it.

I have a friend with an MSM account and she tell me her daily dose of emailed spam is incredible.

skip

I also use OE through Comcast, and I got the spam, too - some idiot advertising a cable descrambler
with half a dozen messages.

--
Greg Dunn