Can't Something Be Done?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Chere, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Chere

    Chere Guest

    About all this Spam X 6??? It's disgusting and ruining our newsgroup.

    Chere

    Tags:

  2. Bentrider

    Bentrider Guest

    I use Free Agent newsreader through the free CIS server and I don't get any spam on this newsgroup.
    I get a bit on one of the Buddhist newsgroups that I occasionally visit, but that's the only one
    that I get any on. Even that is actually just one guy spamming about a dozen of the religion
    newsgroups so it may be too small for a spam blocker to catch.

    Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

    > About all this Spam X 6??? It's disgusting and ruining our newsgroup.

    You can use a different news server. I do not see much of it (unless someone replies to it).
    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  4. Skip

    Skip Guest

    "chere" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > About all this Spam X 6??? It's disgusting and ruining our newsgroup.
    >
    > Chere

    I use Outlook Express (please don't tell me how bad it is) through Comcast and I have no idea what
    you are talking about because I don't see it.

    skip

  5. Chere

    Chere Guest

    Thanks... I'll do that - someone is posting the same SPAM many times over in a succession -
    most annoying.
    --
    Chere ~ GRR Sanibel, FL / Cumberland, MD

  6. Chere

    Chere Guest

    I use Outlook Express through Mindspring (Earthlink) and it's been bombarded with the stuff,
    especially the past couple of days.

    chere

  7. Skip

    Skip Guest

    "chere" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I use Outlook Express through Mindspring (Earthlink) and it's been bombarded with the stuff,
    > especially the past couple of days.
    >
    > chere

    Then Comcast has done an excellent job of filtering that stuff out of the newsgroups and email. I
    rarely ever see it. So I guess I don't know how good I've got it.

    skip

  8. Chere

    Chere Guest

    "So I guess I don't know how good I've got it."

    Skip, it's the American Way :)

    chere

  9. "chere" skrev...
    > "So I guess I don't know how good I've got it."
    >
    > Skip, it's the American Way :)

    This one is free and fast and fairly spamfree. http://news.cis.dfn.de/

    Mikael

  10. Bentrider

    Bentrider Guest

    That's the one I use. The combination of the cis server and Forte Free Agent have served me
    very well.

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:02:15 +0200, "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"chere" skrev...
    >> "So I guess I don't know how good I've got it."
    >>
    >> Skip, it's the American Way :)
    >
    >This one is free and fast and fairly spamfree. http://news.cis.dfn.de/
    >
    >Mikael

    Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

  11. Bob Wand

    Bob Wand Guest

    I also use Outlook Express through Comcast and I am getting all of it.

    Skip, How did you turn it off?

    "skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "chere" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > About all this Spam X 6??? It's disgusting and ruining our newsgroup.
    > >
    > > Chere
    > >
    > I use Outlook Express (please don't tell me how bad it is) through Comcast and I have no idea what
    > you are talking about because I don't see it.
    >
    > skip

  12. Skip

    Skip Guest

    "Bob Wand" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I also use Outlook Express through Comcast and I am getting all of it.
    >
    > Skip, How did you turn it off?

    I didn't do anything other than download the Comcast software. I've never gotten anything other than
    a occasional bit of spam on the newsreader or in my email. Someone with a better understanding than
    I will have to explain
    it.

    I have a friend with an MSM account and she tell me her daily dose of emailed spam is incredible.

    skip

  13. Greg Dunn

    Greg Dunn Guest

    I also use OE through Comcast, and I got the spam, too - some idiot advertising a cable descrambler
    with half a dozen messages.

    --
    Greg Dunn

    "skip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "chere" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > About all this Spam X 6??? It's disgusting and ruining our newsgroup.
    > >
    > > Chere
    > >
    > I use Outlook Express (please don't tell me how bad it is) through Comcast and I have no idea what
    > you are talking about because I don't see it.
    >
    > skip

  14. Skip

    Skip Guest

    "Greg Dunn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I also use OE through Comcast, and I got the spam, too - some idiot advertising a cable
    > descrambler with half a dozen messages.

    If your Comcast can't block that guy then who can they block?

    skip