Canti brake cable stops for suspension forks

Matt O'Toole

Guest
I'm thinking of ditching my FrankenJudy for a newer fork, but I want to
stick with old-style (pre-V) cantilever brakes. I've heard cable stops
are available, that clamp to the brake arches of some newer forks. Can
anyone confirm this? What's out there, and for which forks?

Why not a brake booster type thing, with a cable stop facing rearward?

Matt O.

Matt O'Toole wrote:
> I'm thinking of ditching my FrankenJudy for a newer fork, but I want to
> stick with old-style (pre-V) cantilever brakes. I've heard cable stops
> are available, that clamp to the brake arches of some newer forks. Can
> anyone confirm this? What's out there, and for which forks?
>
> Why not a brake booster type thing, with a cable stop facing rearward?
>
> Matt O.

Redline has a cable sotp for their cross frames that bolts onto the
fork, I think it'll work for a shock and cantis. I have a couple, I'll
send ya one if you want to try it.

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 05:56:16 -0800, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> Matt O'Toole wrote:

>> I'm thinking of ditching my FrankenJudy for a newer fork, but I want to
>> stick with old-style (pre-V) cantilever brakes. I've heard cable stops
>> are available, that clamp to the brake arches of some newer forks. Can
>> anyone confirm this? What's out there, and for which forks?
>>
>> Why not a brake booster type thing, with a cable stop facing rearward?

> Redline has a cable sotp for their cross frames that bolts onto the
> fork, I think it'll work for a shock and cantis. I have a couple, I'll
> send ya one if you want to try it.

Does it clamp around, or bolt into a hole on the brake arch?

Thanks,

Matt O.

Matt O'Toole wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 05:56:16 -0800, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>
> > Matt O'Toole wrote:

> >> I'm thinking of ditching my FrankenJudy for a newer fork, but I want to
> >> stick with old-style (pre-V) cantilever brakes. I've heard cable stops
> >> are available, that clamp to the brake arches of some newer forks. Can
> >> anyone confirm this? What's out there, and for which forks?
> >>
> >> Why not a brake booster type thing, with a cable stop facing rearward?

> > Redline has a cable sotp for their cross frames that bolts onto the
> > fork, I think it'll work for a shock and cantis. I have a couple, I'll
> > send ya one if you want to try it.

> Does it clamp around, or bolt into a hole on the brake arch?
>
> Thanks,

Into the hole with a bolt.