Canti brake woes

Jonathan Kaplan

Guest
As posted earlier, I'm trying to convert to 700c from 27" on an old lugged trek touring frame.
Besides the vertical spacing issue, I'm having trouble with width of the canti bosses on the front
and rear. The front is 60mm and the rear 70mm. The original brakes were Dia Compe 960 Grand tour.

Anyone know of any modern V or Canti's that would work with the close together studs? (and ideally
have a lot of vertical adjustment)

"Jonathan Kaplan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> As posted earlier, I'm trying to convert to 700c from 27" on an old lugged trek touring frame.
> Besides the vertical spacing issue, I'm having trouble with width of the canti bosses on the front
> and rear. The front is 60mm
and
> the rear 70mm. The original brakes were Dia Compe 960 Grand tour.
>
> Anyone know of any modern V or Canti's that would work with the close together studs? (and ideally
> have a lot of vertical adjustment)

Maybe some Avid Tri-Aligns or Onza HOs??

Mike