cantilever brake chatter

I haven't confirmed he signed yet , it's just seem the way he is leaning.

It sounds logical to stay in familiar surrounding. And since Saxo isn't recognized by Cancellara as familiar anymore, Schlecks' team looks like natural choice to me.

Quote:Originally Posted by Andrija .

It sounds logical to stay in familiar surrounding. And since Saxo isn't recognized by Cancellara as familiar anymore, Schlecks' team looks like natural choice to me.

It might be - but figure that the UCI deadline for registering the team, getting the money in the bank etc etc is the end of this month. If they want a Pro Tour license they better get sh1t in order... Fast.

I don't really understand...it seems it would have been more efficient if Team Saxo Bank, who had been struggling to find a title sponsor, to just have the Luxembourg sponsors become the new title sponsors of the team since the team had apparently been planned by Kim Andersen and the Schlecks.

It just seems too cumbersome to apply to the UCI for a ProTour License, or to risk not having one and relying on invites to the important races. Also, they would have to hire new management, find equipment sponsors, and so on and so forth, whereas at SaxoBank all the logistics and capital would have already been intact.

If the Schlecks + Andersen had simply brought the Luxembourg sponsors over to Saxo Bank it would have been a lot less expensive. Maybe Riis wanted to keep his team affiliated with Denmark? Then again, it could be possible that there are no Luxembourg sponsors and Andersen's making things up...I won't believe they have any definite sponsors until it's officially announced by all parties involved. Things like this have happened in the past (Sony Ericsson & Fassa Bortolo), with unpleasant results.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

It might be - but figure that the UCI deadline for registering the team, getting the money in the bank etc etc is the end of this month. If they want a Pro Tour license they better get sh1t in order... Fast.

You're right... This lack of news about their team is raising some questions.
But they've been telling since spring that everything is developing according to plan. Last information from them was that they've applied for ProTour license and signed half of the team already.
It is little strange that they didn't mention names of the team and sponsors yet, but maybe they're waiting for the decision about license... It might be the factor in their project (maybe some sponsors and riders are conditioning their presence with ProTour status).
They're certainly keeping fans and cycling world hyped up. Euphoria will rise even more if they get the license and don't publish anything but team's name (because it will be published by ProTour) and leave everything for team presentation.
It reminds me on atmosphere before TDF presentation. Lots of rumors, speculations and "reliable information", and at the end, everything is more or less as expected... And you've been waiting to hear that (which you've already assumed).

Originally Posted by Andrija .

You're right... This lack of news about their team is raising some questions.
But they've been telling since spring that everything is developing according to plan. Last information from them was that they've applied for ProTour license and signed half of the team already.
It is little strange that they didn't mention names of the team and sponsors yet, but maybe they're waiting for the decision about license... It might be the factor in their project (maybe some sponsors and riders are conditioning their presence with ProTour status).
They're certainly keeping fans and cycling world hyped up. Euphoria will rise even more if they get the license and don't publish anything but team's name (because it will be published by ProTour) and leave everything for team presentation.
It reminds me on atmosphere before TDF presentation. Lots of rumors, speculations and "reliable information", and at the end, everything is more or less as expected... And you've been waiting to hear that (which you've already assumed).

It'd be interesting if this team didn't eventuate, i'm not really a fan of either of the Schlecks.

Originally Posted by steve .

It'd be interesting if this team didn't eventuate, i'm not really a fan of either of the Schlecks.

It wasn't impossible that they don't eventuate, but I think chances were slim.
Even if they don't get the license (if that's the factor), they'll be invited in most of the Pro Tour races, but their budget and roster won't be as strong as with the license (I think). I couldn't see Schlecks and Nygaard retreat after the news broke last spring.

I like Andy. Primarily as Contador's opponent. And after that boozing incident I'm starting to recognize him as a reveler. So far he looked like a scamp and now he's maturing (in my view of his image). I like that... It's far better than tasteless Contador.

Since I've started talking about (riders') image, I think Cancellara is the guy Schlecks really need in their team. His cycling ability and personality will fit in very well in concept of cycling as a passion, to which they're fully dedicated and enjoy it. Voigt is representative of that concept too. Besides image, which is important for sponsors, it's superfluous to talk about eventual Cancellara's contribution on the road.

Report: Cancellara to join Schleck brothers By Andrew Hood • Published: Sep 20th 2010 7:02 PM EDT

A Luxembourg newspaper is reporting that Olympic time trial champion Fabian Cancellara will follow the Schleck brothers to a new team backed by still unannounced sponsors.
Cancellara had been linked to BMC and the new Australian team, but if the report in Luxembourger Wurt proves true, it will make for a huge coup for the upstart Luxembourg team. Cancellara brings star power and guaranteed success in the spring classics and races against the clock.
Cancellara, 29, met last week with Saxo Bank boss Bjarne Riis to come to terms to allow the Swiss star to get out of his one year remaining on his contract.
Cancellara also created a stir at the Vuelta a España last week when he left the race a day earlier than expected by Saxo Bank brass. Sport director Bradley McGee said Cancellara left without talking to anyone on the team.
Cancellara joined Riis at then-CSC in 2006 and enjoyed huge success, winning Paris-Roubaix twice (2006, 2010), Milan-San Remo (2008), Tour of Flanders (2010), the Tour de Suisse (2009) and several days in the maillot jaune at the Tour de France.
Cancellara is just the latest big name to join Frank and Andy Schleck in the move to the new Luxembourg team. Others expected to join the Schleck brothers include Stuart O’Grady, Jens Voigt and Jakob Fuglsang. Ex-Saxo Bank sport director Kim Andersen and former CSC team spokesman Brian Nygaard are organizing the new team with a yet unnamed sponsor.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/09/news/report-cancellara-to-join-schleck-brothers_141834

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cancellara-confirms-worlds-participation

[SIZE= 16px]Swiss rider puts off announcing his 2011 team [/SIZE]
Looking for a new challenge
After ending his contract with Saxo Bank, Cancellara has been linked to the new Luxembourg team, the Swiss-registered BMC squad, Team Sky, and the new Australia team that is hoping to secure a ProTour licence for 2011. He tried to play down speculation about his future by saying he will only announce his future after the world championships.
Cancellara denied that his decision to quit Saxo Bank was about money or his relationship with Bjarne Riis.
"There are a lot of changes going on in the team and it was time for me to seek a new challenge," he told sport.ch during the press conference.
Tweeting just before taking off for Australia, Cancellara insisted that he has not yet signed a contract with a team for next season: "About 2011 there is nothing official to say about my future. A lot of rumours bin going on. I dont have eny contract signet somewear."

Spartacus looks fit, what are his chances of doing the double?

He sounds to me like he's out of last year's focus.

However he admitted that his form was not as good as when he dominated the time trial in Mendrisio in 2009. 'If I take the world championships in Mendrisio in 2009 as a comparison, when the situation was similar, I'm confident. The legs are on the right path. Now it must only make the click in my head," he said on his personal website.

He had a lot of offers on the table and that had to be distracting even if he has his mind pretty much made up. He should be able to focus much better now.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

He had a lot of offers on the table and that had to be distracting even if he has his mind pretty much made up. He should be able to focus much better now.
Are you saying he's already signed a contract?

Since he postponed announcement for after the World championship, I think his result(s) in Geelong could be a factor in negotiations or finalization of contract.

Originally Posted by steve .

I didn't realise just how bad sky's season has been, they're ranked 15th! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif
Why is it SKY have performed so bad this season?. The only "clean" team? & there results show it over others doing the juice.

Or is it bad management, coaching or just poor talent?.

Could be he's not going to race for a while. Maybe they knew something the press didn't at the time?
http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/09/news/contador-tests-positive-for-clenbuterol_143791

Cancellara just took his 4th world title and smashed the field. I would have tipped Gustav Larsson over David Millar on the podium, but I guess today was not his day.

It would be great if he'd unite World titles on Sunday. It would be perfect ending of his best season ever.
I think he's thinking the same way. Last year's running out far from the finish cost him victory. I think he's learnt his lesson.