cantilever brake chatter

The bad news is that his win will be overshadowed by the Contadors scandal.

Guys who has he signed for? I seem to have missed it /img/vbsmilies/smilies/confused.gif

I don't think he has signed a contract as yet or at least he hasn't made it public. I heard he made another comment last week and hinted that he would be with the Schlecks.

It looks like he decided where he'll continue.

Quote:
I can’t afford to have a season not at the top, losing my balance. I learned a lot from Riis, but I have to have a good environment at all levels. There is money in cycling and business deals, but that alone does not win races. At Saxo Bank we had a great time and I want to continue with that group of people.

But his goals for next season are very interesting.

Quote:
Having won the Tour of Flanders and Paris-Roubaix this year, the latter for the second time, the 29-year-old is ready to change his focus. He told Vélo Magazine that his highlights in 2011 will be Liege-Bastogne-Liege, the Worlds road race, and the Tour of Lombardy.
Winning La Doyenne would require a different season schedule. "I think that I can win Liege-Bastogne-Liege, but to do so would require very specific preparation. I would have to forget about Paris-Roubaix and the Tour of Flanders, and use the Tour of the Basque Country to achieve the best condition." He has never ridden the Basque race in his career before.

He's already talked about his wish to win all Monuments, but I think he'll need more than one season to adapt and learn how to do it.
Maybe gradual transfer from cobbled to hilly classics is better way to do it. It's big risk to concentrate on LBL and neglect Flanders and Roubaix, it could end with season without victories in classics.
His domination on cobbles last spring is something he shouldn't give up yet.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cancellara-says-contador-signing-prompted-saxo-bank-departure

i'm probably a bit too suspicious, but doesn't the whole "i left because contador will take the spot light off of me" seem contrived? he's riding on a team where andy schleck is the one expected to compete on the gc, where sastre won on csc/saxo, and to have faboo go after the gc would require a major retooling of his body weight, and he's been just fine with that situration. but now he's concerned that bjarne won't be paying enough attention to fabian's needs? another bit of the anti-alberto animus in the peloton?

I think Cancellara's point is that he didn't feel he'll have necessary support for his own goals with Contador in the team. With majority of the squad built around Contador and Cancellara's Saxo team mates fleeing to Schlecks' team, there's not many team mates left for the cobbles (although he's not talking about cobbles, but about LBL which could have also been a point of conflict).
I think that's what he wanted to imply.

And what I think the real reason for Saxo exodus to Luxembourg team is, is Riis.
They all are full of praise for Riis, but I also think they were full of his controlling mentality, survival camp circus and military-like concept of discipline.