Canyon Lux - Bb Shell Problem

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by BiomedCCC, Mar 2, 2015.

1. BiomedCCC

BiomedCCC New Member

A word of warning about Canyon Lux frames - I destroyed my frame's BB shell within 6 months of intense training and few teammates with same bike now have identical problem.
    The shell that holds press-fit BB bearings is increasing in diameter and bearings start clicking with pedaling rotations while moving inside the shell.
    In my case, on one side the carbon shell blew up increasing the movement of the bearings also on the opposite side causing the opposite side XTR BB bearing to broke in two pieces!!!

Canyon are very slow in replacing this frame either! It took them just two weeks to process it in their German facility and now my frame is stacked in shipping because it was sent with wrong invoice and cannot be cleared from local taxes and duties!

I am very upset with this bike and would like to warn anyone who might be considering buying Canyon. Bikes are very well equipped and designed, however it seems that basic engineering considerations failed in design of the frame I own and the way this case is handled by Canyon so far is really disappointing...

Tags:

2. westmixxin

westmixxin New Member

That's amazing that this frame to break so easily I'm glad you gave me the heads up so that I would end up buying something like this and then ending upbreaking it. That would really upset me I'd probably be in a incredible horrible position. I have to make sure that I pay attention to these reviews so that I don't end up buying the wrong bike.