Cape May, NJ

Bikerider7

Guest
I'll be staying at a beach town on the south tip of NJ for a few days. I was thinking of bringing my
bike -- are there any interesting road biking routes in that area worth doing?

http://www.billcotton.com/Bill%20cotton%20cue%20sheets.htm The above page is a cue from Philadelphia
to Cape May that I used for my ride there. The canals into Cape May both have heavy traffic. Once in
Cape May you can ride out to the point and through the city on good roads. There are many back roads
going north and west from Cape May also. http://www.shorecycleclub.org/ This is the web page for The
local club.
--
// Bill Cotton: Latitude N40° 03.756' W75° 06.192' / / Phone 215 663-8363 Data 215 663-8364 //
[email protected] [email protected] // [email protected] [email protected] //

news:[email protected]...

(bikerider7) writes:

>I'll be staying at a beach town on the south tip of NJ for a few days. I was thinking of bringing
>my bike -- are there any interesting road biking routes in that area worth doing?

I've been there but not spent a lot of time there. I've lived in Ocean City, NJ and so I can make
some general comments.

The last time I was in Cape May the traffic was very heavy and the bicyclers were moving a lot
faster than the cars :) I would get a good map of the area and look for secondary roads away from
the cape it self, these are often lightly traveled and in good repair. I would also consider taking
the ferry to Lewis, DE for rides in that area, but only after having a good look at a map. The only
hills will be bridge access ramps.

A caution: draw bridges have grates for road beds and could swallow a wheel.

Tom Gibb <[email protected]

My mother lives in Cape May so I spend a lot of time there in the summer months. I do not go to
visit with out my bike. Biking in town is conjested with cars pedestrians and bikes, but there is a
lot to see. The walkway along the beach is open to bikes until 10:00am.

Outside of the town there are many good biking roads espicially to the west. These are all flat and
lead through farm land. I love riding in the Cape May area - Have fun!!

"bikerider7" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'll be staying at a beach town on the south tip of NJ for a few days. I was thinking of bringing
> my bike -- are there any interesting road biking routes in that area worth doing?

My mother lives in Cape May so I spend a lot of time there in the summer months. I do not go to
visit with out my bike. Biking in town is conjested with cars pedestrians and bikes, but there is a
lot to see. The walkway along the beach is open to bikes until 10:00am.

Outside of the town there are many good biking roads espicially to the west. These are all flat and
lead through farm land. I love riding in the Cape May area - Have fun!!

"bikerider7" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'll be staying at a beach town on the south tip of NJ for a few days. I was thinking of bringing
> my bike -- are there any interesting road biking routes in that area worth doing?

>I'll be staying at a beach town on the south tip of NJ for a few days. I was thinking of bringing
>my bike -- are there any interesting road biking

check out NJ state Coastal Heritage Trail. This is a backroad bicycle route that runs from Cape May
north past Atlantic City(i think) and west to Pennsville(i know). I have ridden from Pennsville to
Bridgeton and found it to be a very pleasant ride. Good luck