Capital Crescent Trail - Snow Status

Harry

Guest
I tried commuting home on the Capital Crescent trail last night from Georgetown, D.C. to Bethesda,
MD. The trail is clear and dry to the tunnel under MacArthur Blvd., but then 2-4 inches of thick
slush from that point on; pretty much impassable, even with knobbies. (At least for my skill level.)

I'll give it another try on Monday 3/10. If anyone finds it clear before then, let us know.

Harry

by Sunday it will all be gone.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/DCZ001.php?warnzone=dcz001&warncounty=dcc001

Harry wrote:

>I tried commuting home on the Capital Crescent trail last night from Georgetown, D.C. to
>Bethesda, MD. The trail is clear and dry to the tunnel under MacArthur Blvd., but then 2-4 inches
>of thick slush from that point on; pretty much impassable, even with knobbies. (At least for my
>skill level.)
>
>I'll give it another try on Monday 3/10. If anyone finds it clear before then, let us know.
>
>Harry

As of Sunday evening, March 5, the trail is clear from Bethesda to Georgetown except for about 500
feet of heavy granular just east of the 6 mile marker. Given the forecasted temperatures the next
couple of days, it might be there until Wednesday; but it certainly looks like the worst is over,
hopefully for the rest of the season.