Hi All,
I would like to draw your attention to a new initiative I have made in regards to the development of Rail Trails in the NSW/ACT Capital Region.
I make the proposition that the respective groups planning the multiple Rail Trails in the region join under the one umbrella, or "project".
At the present point in time the Victorian Government has provided over 700 kilometres of former railway land for future rail trail development. Already, nearly 300 kilometres are available for public use. This is a very stark contrast to New South Wales, where there are very few rail-trails in existence, and none with the length to justify a rider travelling to complete.
Such advantages of joining together include, but are not limited to, enabling groups to share expertise, consistent planning, design & management, increased power behind funding applications, decreased costs of liability and risk management, and many more.
Please have a look around the site at capitalrailtrails.orgcapitalrailtrails.orgOpen ↗ and have a look at the beginnings of what will be possible to achieve on this site. This includes news, events, images, plus behind a user login comes features such as project management and financial management tools.
I am keen for some interested persons from the different parties to contact me and give their opinions on whether or not they believe such a project is worthwhile.
Cheers
Mark