Capsaicin increases endurance capacity and spares tissue glycogen through lipolytic function in swim

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by awilki01, Mar 7, 2012.

1. awilki01

awilki01 New Member

Maybe adding hot peppers to every meal will help us a little.....

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12887156

Tags:

2. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Interesting.

I wonder if the stuff is absorbed through the skin. I remember racing in the colder climes on England and we always used to put embrocation on that was fairly toasty - loaded with capsicum - definitely didn't want to get any in your nose or eyes...

... although at least once a year someone either mistakenly used some for chamois cream or someone swapped the labels as a prank and sat back and got ready to laugh.

I doubt I'll be chugging the "Zack Wylde - Stronger than Death" hot sauce pre-ride though... It'd give that a miss as it'd give an alternate meaning to the phrase "blazing saddles"

3. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Sure it can be absorbed. If you rub it inside your nose, it'll get absorbed and will help clear congestion.

4. awilki01

awilki01 New Member

Go stick a ghost pepper (bhut jolakia) up your nose and report back the results :) hehe

5. maydog

maydog Well-Known Member

I am picturing half of the rats drowning and the other half racing around in RC boats while the researchers eat chips and salsa. Sounds like a fun study.

6. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Did you really recommend sticking your nose in butt? ;)

7. Agustin8100

Agustin8100 New Member

Certain two facts on this post unequivocally the best we have all had.Improvement in swimming stamina with the high capsaicin dose is caused by an increase in fatty acid usage as the power source, leading to the sparing of glycogen.I agreed what's said above!!!I am going to glance up this web site usually on my PC.Everything in this article is completely true!