Car Bicycle Rack (advice)

Island_racer

Jul 8, 2007
Hi

I am just getting into cycling and I bought a mountain bike but I am tired of stuffing it into the car. I need some advise on how to choose a rack to purchase. I need the rack to be able to work on a sedan, two door lift back and a station wagon. I am not sure if one rack can work on all these type of cars.

What should I look at?

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion:

The cheapest thing would be purchasing something like a Saris Bones trunk mount rack that you could switch between vehicles.

The best thing would be installing hitches on each vehicle and purchasing a hitch mount rack that you could switch between vehicles.

Scotty_Dog said:
In my opinion:

The cheapest thing would be purchasing something like a Saris Bones trunk mount rack that you could switch between vehicles.

The best thing would be installing hitches on each vehicle and purchasing a hitch mount rack that you could switch between vehicles.
Notice that Scotty didn't mention a roof rack. They're usually expensive - especially when you drive your car into the garage with the bike still up there.

I can laugh about it now, but in all seriousness - stay away from them.

Guaps said:
Notice that Scotty didn't mention a roof rack. They're usually expensive - especially when you drive your car into the garage with the bike still up there.

I can laugh about it now, but in all seriousness - stay away from them.
Or don't park your car in the garage!:D