Car bike carriers

Valric

Jul 18, 2016
I am trying to decide which bike rack to buy - tow ball mounted. I have a ladies 24" electric bike. It weighs 20kg without the battery. I am looking at the 'platform' type because I cannot lift the bike up onto the higher towball mounted rack.
My question is would this type of carrier be suitable for my bike and are there any problems with them?
Thank you

As long as your bike fits the rack's contact points and your vehicle's receiver hitch you are good to go. Receiver hitch types and specifically the platform style or wheel tray style receiver mount racks are among the most popular and rugged in the industry. The also are noted for doing the least paint damage to the vehicles.

Reactions: Valric
As long as your bike fits the rack's contact points and your vehicle's receiver hitch you are good to go. Receiver hitch types and specifically the platform style or wheel tray style receiver mount racks are among the most popular and rugged in the industry. The also are noted for doing the least paint damage to the vehicles.
Thanks for your very helpful reply CAMPYBOB