car horns

sean

Guest
Why are they dissonant? Has there been some study that there are more
effective than inharmonious ones?

sean said the following on 16/11/2006 14:40:
> Why are they dissonant? Has there been some study that there are more
> effective than inharmonious ones?

Mine just goes "beeeep"

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Paul Boyd wrote:
> sean said the following on 16/11/2006 14:40:
> > Why are they dissonant? Has there been some study that there are more
> > effective than inharmonious ones?

> Mine just goes "beeeep"
>
> --
> Paul Boyd
> http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

I had a Vauxhall Astra hire car the other week whilst my Rover 45 was
in for work on the head gasket. The horn on the Astra was feeble by
comparisson, or maybe it was the amount of sound insulation that is
packed around the driver.

David

Sirius631 said the following on 16/11/2006 15:31:

> I had a Vauxhall Astra hire car the other week whilst my Rover 45 was
> in for work on the head gasket. The horn on the Astra was feeble by
> comparisson,

The works van is a Mercedes Vito. The horn on that is, well, let's just
say you wouldn't use it to intimidate people!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Paul Boyd wrote:
> Sirius631 said the following on 16/11/2006 15:31:
>
> > I had a Vauxhall Astra hire car the other week whilst my Rover 45 was
> > in for work on the head gasket. The horn on the Astra was feeble by
> > comparisson,

> The works van is a Mercedes Vito. The horn on that is, well, let's just
> say you wouldn't use it to intimidate people!

Wouldn't or couldn't?

One suggests you'd have the entire local population in therepy due to
the shock, the other says you wouldn't upset a nervous paranoid.

David

Sirius631 said the following on 17/11/2006 09:20:

> One suggests you'd have the entire local population in therepy due to
> the shock, the other says you wouldn't upset a nervous paranoid.

Ah, yes - I see what you mean! Nervous paranoids won't be upset even if
I peeped the horn in their ear'oles...

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

"Paul Boyd" <usenet.dont.work@plusnet> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> sean said the following on 16/11/2006 14:40:
>> Why are they dissonant? Has there been some study that there are more
>> effective than inharmonious ones?

> Mine just goes "beeeep"

Twin Tone Air Horns, got to be careful when i use them.

Paul Boyd <usenet.dont.work@plusnet> writed in news:455c95c6$0$8749
[email protected]:

> Sirius631 said the following on 16/11/2006 15:31:
>
>> I had a Vauxhall Astra hire car the other week whilst my Rover 45 was
>> in for work on the head gasket. The horn on the Astra was feeble by
>> comparisson,

> The works van is a Mercedes Vito. The horn on that is, well, let's just
> say you wouldn't use it to intimidate people!

Just come back from a trip into town by bus - it was a brand new Stagecoach
veeehicle - the driver had a peep at WVM, and the horn on the bus was
simply laughable!