car parking on Oban

Steve Watkin

Guest
Please can anybody help? I am looking for a reasonably secure place to park my car during the second
week in Sep so that I can visit Mull on my trike. I will be driving up from Kent so it may be that I
will also need B&B for one night. Any ideas or offers would be appreciated. Please reply to
[email protected] or 'phone 01689 837602

Thanks in advance Steve CTC membership number 8011065

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Please can anybody help? I am looking for a reasonably secure place to park my car

Yes. Its called "oban".

> during the second week in Sep so that I can visit Mull on my trike. I will be driving up
from
> Kent so it may be that I will also need B&B for one night.

I've done it three times. Twice I parked outside a nice B+B with a youngish family running it.
Anywhere thats free will be fine, esp that late in the season.

Approximately: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=186040&Y=730395&A=Y&Z=3

(in words ... where the road signs tell you to go, and then past the swimming pool )

Only trouble is the direct route to town is down the most evil slope I've ever seen. Not recommended
even to walk down with a loaded bike.

Steve Watkin <[email protected]> wrote:
: I am looking for a reasonably secure place to park my car during the second week in Sep so that I
: can visit Mull on my trike. I will be driving up from Kent so it may be that I will also need B&B
: for one night.

A b&b with private parking would be the easiest soln. There is a public car park in Oban and I don't
think it's a crime hotspot.

: Steve CTC membership number 8011065

Word of advice - this is a public forum, copied all over the world. Armed with your name and CTC
membership number, I bet I could get the CTC to give me free advice, change your address etc.
"Password? Oh, I'm afriad I've forgotten that"...

Arthur

No B&B will mind you parking as it gives the impression that they're popular.