car parking on Oban

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Steve Watkin, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Please can anybody help? I am looking for a reasonably secure place to park my car during the second
    week in Sep so that I can visit Mull on my trike. I will be driving up from Kent so it may be that I
    will also need B&B for one night. Any ideas or offers would be appreciated. Please reply to
    [email protected] or 'phone 01689 837602

    Thanks in advance Steve CTC membership number 8011065

    Tags:

  2. W K

    W K Guest

    "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Please can anybody help? I am looking for a reasonably secure place to park my car

    Yes. Its called "oban".

    > during the second week in Sep so that I can visit Mull on my trike. I will be driving up
    from
    > Kent so it may be that I will also need B&B for one night.

    I've done it three times. Twice I parked outside a nice B+B with a youngish family running it.
    Anywhere thats free will be fine, esp that late in the season.

    Approximately: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=186040&Y=730395&A=Y&Z=3

    (in words ... where the road signs tell you to go, and then past the swimming pool )

    Only trouble is the direct route to town is down the most evil slope I've ever seen. Not recommended
    even to walk down with a loaded bike.

  3. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    Steve Watkin <[email protected]> wrote:
    : I am looking for a reasonably secure place to park my car during the second week in Sep so that I
    : can visit Mull on my trike. I will be driving up from Kent so it may be that I will also need B&B
    : for one night.

    A b&b with private parking would be the easiest soln. There is a public car park in Oban and I don't
    think it's a crime hotspot.

    : Steve CTC membership number 8011065

    Word of advice - this is a public forum, copied all over the world. Armed with your name and CTC
    membership number, I bet I could get the CTC to give me free advice, change your address etc.
    "Password? Oh, I'm afriad I've forgotten that"...

    Arthur

  4. No B&B will mind you parking as it gives the impression that they're popular.

  5. W K

    W K Guest

    "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No B&B will mind you parking as it gives the impression that they're popular.

    Hmmm. perhaps you haven't seen the back streets of oban.