rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Car Rack for Cokers - Suggestions?

Started by onefiftyfour · · Last activity · 4 posts · 471 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
17 March 2006
Last activity
20 March 2006
Original author
onefiftyfour
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
471
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm planning on buying a hitch mount car rack. There are alot of
    different kinds made for bikes. Does anyone have any brand and model
    recommendations? I would like to be able to fit 3 cokers on it.

    --
    onefiftyfour

    http://eric.texasunicycle.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47819

  2. I use a Thule ball mounted rack, but as they're Scandinavian they may be
    expensive in Texas.
    As long as you the tyre/tire clear of the exhaust/tailpipe, any
    manufacturer should be fine.
    You may get away with buying a 2-bike rack and buy an extra set of
    rubber fixings for the third Coker, as they're lighter & narrower than
    bikes. try before you buy, as it might not work! I can fit 4 unis & a
    bike on my 4-bike rack.

    --
    mikepenton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mikepenton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7090
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47819

  3. I built this rack from scratch. Trying to make bike racks work for unis
    seemed like a lot of bother with all the clamps bungees and the like.
    with this rack the unis hang by the seat post between two padded
    parallel bars. There is a latch that closes the end and is secured with
    a wingnut.
    With my Coker I put the rim of the wheel over the bars with the Coker's
    frame between the tubes of the rack.
    Best thing is that it loads and unloads in just a minute or two.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: transport.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/12593 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    al_lieffring

    sola rota Ya'll
    Al Lieffring :O)
    'Al's Unicycling Club'
    (http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/alsunicyclingclub/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    al_lieffring's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2053
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47819

  4. Eric-

    What kind of car do you have? I fit 13 unicycles in the backseat of my
    Mazda Protege when I drove to Minneapolis for NAUCC. Two of them were
    Cokers. I took the pedals off to get that many in but they did fit. I
    can see two Cokers in the back seat of a subcompact car with pedals on
    with little difficulty. Three would be a trick but probably easy with
    the pedals removed. John Childs has a Subaru Legacy hatchback in which
    I believe we have put three Cokers with the pedals on. (JC, David
    Maxfield, and me.) I may be wrong and the pedals came off for that
    trip. Unicycles are surprisingly easy to get into cars.

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    *jc is the only main man. there can be no other.*

    This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47819

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.