Car Screamers

One day I was riding on Elm Street in Dighton Ma. This street is about five miles long with a lot of rolling hills until you reach the last half mile and the road disappears right in front of you. The area is very rural with low traffic volume and the last hill has no roads or driveways entering it. I was riding down the final hill just over 40 MPH when out of the blue a pick up truck entered the road from the woods and decides to stop in my path. I could not stop in time to avoid a collision so I overtook the truck on the left hand side. Needless to say I was hanging on for dear life and could not even offer a single finger salute to the motorist. The truck passed me up and stopped at the end of the road. The passenger got out of the truck and started to curse me up and down with some harsh profanity. He told me he was teaching his daughter how to drive and it was aholes like me that make it dangerous. I told him the only lesson his daughter was learning was total disrespect for cyclist and he should be ashamed of his actions. What I really felt like doing was dismounting and bashing him with my rear wheel. :mad:

davereo said:
One day I was riding on Elm Street in Dighton Ma. This street is about five miles long with a lot of rolling hills until you reach the last half mile and the road disappears right in front of you. The area is very rural with low traffic volume and the last hill has no roads or driveways entering it. I was riding down the final hill just over 40 MPH when out of the blue a pick up truck entered the road from the woods and decides to stop in my path. I could not stop in time to avoid a collision so I overtook the truck on the left hand side. Needless to say I was hanging on for dear life and could not even offer a single finger salute to the motorist. The truck passed me up and stopped at the end of the road. The passenger got out of the truck and started to curse me up and down with some harsh profanity. He told me he was teaching his daughter how to drive and it was aholes like me that make it dangerous. I told him the only lesson his daughter was learning was total disrespect for cyclist and he should be ashamed of his actions. What I really felt like doing was dismounting and bashing him with my rear wheel. :mad:

Count your blessings. I had a similar experience, 36 years ago, with a UPS truck. I'm surprised I don't still remember the license plate. Had to swerve into the oncoming lane to avoid rear-ending him. Luckily, nothing was coming.

Buy a flashing headlight, maybe?

Tackdriver56 said:
But you can laugh, because she probably broke her wrist :D.

I do love a good spanking.

An 80kph spank.

Thats what dreams are made of :rolleyes:.

I listen to what the idiot says to me then smile lookthem in the eyes then flip them the bird and take the next turn..laughing.. ha ha LOL It winds them up something chronic..!!
Whupp

Originally Posted by bigpedaler .

Go to W-M and get one of those canned 'stadium horns'; hook it up so the blast of the horn goes straight left of you, and when anyone does that, use the jump/flinch reflex to trigger the horn.

Have your lock/chain ready, too....
That's a really good idea. I might have to try that out.