Carb Drink comparisons?

Dellphinus

Sep 1, 2003
Is anyone aware of a site that compares the various carb drinks? E.G, what carb source, how much per serving, how big a serving is, protein or not, caffeine, potassium content, sodium content, etc?

Thanks,
DP

Dellphinus said:
Is anyone aware of a site that compares the various carb drinks? E.G, what carb source, how much per serving, how big a serving is, protein or not, caffeine, potassium content, sodium content, etc?

Thanks,
DP

I'm not sure of any internet sites. What were you wondering about?

Roadie_scum said:
I'm not sure of any internet sites. What were you wondering about?

Been reading the various threads on drinks, and noticing comments about sucrose vs fructose vs maltodex, carbs per serving, some with caffeine some without, some with protein some without etc. Thought if there was a site that compared all the various formulas, it'd be a little easier to pick one or two out. None of the catalogs go into enough detail, and I was looking for the easy way out, rather than going to all the manu' sites and compiling it myself. :rolleyes:

Dellphinus said:
Been reading the various threads on drinks, and noticing comments about sucrose vs fructose vs maltodex, carbs per serving, some with caffeine some without, some with protein some without etc. Thought if there was a site that compared all the various formulas, it'd be a little easier to pick one or two out. None of the catalogs go into enough detail, and I was looking for the easy way out, rather than going to all the manu' sites and compiling it myself. :rolleyes:

IMHO, the biggest problem with selecting sports drinks is not an empirical analysis but finding the ones you can actually stand to drink. They are not generally great tasting products, and it doesn't matter how good they are if it isn't something you can't stand to consume.

I would be surprised if the data your are seeking does not exist, but I am not sure how much good it would do even if you had it.