Carb Friendly Peanut Brittle

Christa

Guest
My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
recipe? Thanks

Christa

Candy is how you got fat in the first place.

--
Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

"Christa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
> up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
> wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
> recipe? Thanks
>
> Christa

"Christa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
> up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
> wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
> recipe? Thanks
>
> Christa

Low Carb Creations makes Gourmet Soft Almond, Peanut, Hazelnut Brittles.
Most of the LC net sellers have it. It's really good stuff.

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios

On 7 Jan 2005 18:28:10 -0800, "Christa" <[email protected]> wrote:

>My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
>up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
>wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
>recipe?

well the problem is it is only sugar peanuts and butter really. so you can't
really make the same thing low carb.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:51:04 GMT, "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Candy is how you got fat in the first place.
>
>--
>Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

then there is you since you have trouble reading what was posted.
sounds like you are a fat person that hates themselves.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Been speaking English long?

--
Now ********. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

"Steve Knight" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:51:04 GMT, "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Candy is how you got fat in the first place.
>>
>>--
>>Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

> then there is you since you have trouble reading what was posted.
> sounds like you are a fat person that hates themselves.
>
> --
> Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
> Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices
> See http://www.knight-toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Christa" <[email protected]> wrote:

> My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
> up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
> wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
> recipe? Thanks
>
> Christa

Can't think of how it would work without sugar. There are sugar
substitutes, but I don't think there are any that would have the glue-like
quality of real sugar.

Also, giving a food gift to someone who is trying to lose weight seems kind
of . . . well, you know. Not so great. Plus, I mean, if she eats it, it's
gone! Why not give her something she could keep forever?

How's she been doing with low-carb? Has she lost a lot of weight? Maybe
she'd like some new, smaller clothes, lol.

--
Michelle Levin
http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

I have only 3 flaws. My first flaw is thinking that I only have 3 flaws.

Christa <[email protected]> wrote:

> My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
> up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
> wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
> recipe? Thanks

why on earth would you give candy to someone who you know is on a diet?
what kind of friend are you?

Yes, she has lost a lot of weight and I have a couple well though out
gifts, but she was just telling me tonight of this horrible craving she
has been having for Peanut Brittle, I was just going to try to find a
recipie for low carb peanut brittle if I could and stick it in her
gift, so if she wanted to she coudl make it. I thought of what you
said about not giving a food gift to a dieter after I posted it, but if
the recipe is out there I would still like to give it to her...but I
can see how if it is just sugar butter and peanuts that splenda
probably would not make it set up the same. I really did not know what
was in it because personally I hate it and don't ever eat it, must have
something to do with breaking a braces bracket on it when I was a
kid!:)

Anyway, she is my inspiration because she lost all of this weight with
low carb and I am really jealous so I am getting on the bandwagon for
the first time. I lost 40 pounds a year ago by just cutting back on
what I eat but I was so hungry and miserable that I cannot do that
again, I have kept it off. When I started I was going to lose 80
pounds, hit 40 and plateaued and then gave up...haven't gained any back
but I want to wear the size 6 and 8 that she is wearing now. We were
the same size in HS.

Christa

Learn how to quote properly.

--

JC Der Koenig wrote:
> Learn how to quote properly.

Ok

"Words, once they are printed, have a life of their own."

Carol Burnett

"Christa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
|| My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is
|| coming up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some
|| carbs, but I wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone
|| have this kind of a recipe? Thanks
|| Christa

I was tempted to use The Queen of Cans and Jars' nasty Google link, but I
decided to be nice.

Here, I did all the hard work for you and entered "low carb peanut brittle
recipe" in the search field in Google. Here are the 5,170 results that
popped up in exactly .19 seconds:

http://tinyurl.com/4mocb

--
Peter
270/219/180

Steve Knight wrote:
|| On 7 Jan 2005 18:28:10 -0800, "Christa" <[email protected]> wrote:
||| My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is
||| coming up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some
||| carbs, but I wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone
||| have this kind of a recipe?
|| well the problem is it is only sugar peanuts and butter really. so
|| you can't really make the same thing low carb.

Why?

>Why?

there is really no sugar substitute that works just like sugar. to make a
brittle you cook the sugar to a certain temp so when it cools it is a hard candy
there is no fake sugars that will do that. atleast not ones consumers can get
ahold of.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

"Christa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My friend's favorite food is Peanut Brittle and her birthday is coming
> up...she is low carbing it in 3rd stage, so can have some carbs, but I
> wanted to make some peanut brittle for her...anyone have this kind of a
> recipe? Thanks
>
> Christa

Use a regular recipe and substitute a sugar alcohol such as maltitol or
diabetisweet (isomalt). It will give you the texture of sugar. Consider
using a combination of sugar alcohol and splenda.

Sid...