Carbon bikes

bikerbrian

Aug 26, 2003
After a recent century ride I've made the decision to turn in my Aluminum Specialized Allez Pro for a carbon bike or something more forgiving. Can anyone suggest any particular carbon bike or possibly a ti?

i hear orbea frames are pretty damn nice. i'm going that route, i think, myself. the orbea onix is supposed to be very reasonably priced ($1700 msrp) for the frame. i'm probably going to be selling just my trek frame, and using that money combined with some cash of my own and transferring the components/wheel set over.

it's the little brother of the orbea orca ($2200 i think) at a much nicer pricepoint. unfortunately, no one seems to know much about the onix :( also i hear Giant is releasing a sub $2k composite road bike as well...

melloboy

bikerbrian said:
After a recent century ride I've made the decision to turn in my Aluminum Specialized Allez Pro for a carbon bike or something more forgiving. Can anyone suggest any particular carbon bike or possibly a ti?
Save a lot of frigging money and run 5 pounds less in the tires,as well as considering a size wider tyre.