Carbon brake blocks on alloy rims

Dave

Guest
Hi everybody. I hope you won't mind a question from a lurker.

I've recently bought some Chorus brake calipers and on fitting them
found their performance to be poor. I suspect the blocks fitted are for
carbon rims. The blocks have two grooves and on the bottom "Carbon Type
T1" is printed. Can anyone confirm, please?

Also, what is the significance of type T1? And why do carbon rim blocks
work poorly on alloy rims?

Thanks for any insight.
Dave

Dave wrote:
> Hi everybody. I hope you won't mind a question from a lurker.
>
> I've recently bought some Chorus brake calipers and on fitting them
> found their performance to be poor. I suspect the blocks fitted are for
> carbon rims. The blocks have two grooves and on the bottom "Carbon Type
> T1" is printed. Can anyone confirm, please?

Yes.

> Also, what is the significance of type T1?

T1 is for tubular rims, T2 is for clincher rims.

> And why do carbon rim blocks
> work poorly on alloy rims?

Because of their COF. Carbon rim blocks even work poorly on carbon rims
if your reference is alloy rims with blocks for alloys rims.

Get the right blocks for your alloy rims. Well spend money

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu (http://www.nb.nu)