carbon fiber fork cutting

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gary, Mar 11, 2003.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Is there any danger is using a 350mm fork that has been cut down to 250 or thereabouts? I sometimes
    see 350 forks on E-Bay cheaper than 250s. Go figure! Gary

    Tags:

  2. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    Gary <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Is there any danger is using a 350mm fork that has been cut down to 250 or thereabouts? I sometimes
    >see 350 forks on E-Bay cheaper than 250s. Go figure!

    You should figure out how long the steer tube needs to be before buying any fork. That would be head
    tube + headset stack height + stem clamp height + spacers - 2 or 3mm. If that equals more than
    250mm, I'd say the 250mm fork wouldn't be a bargain for you at any price...