carbon fiber fork cutting

Gary

Guest
Is there any danger is using a 350mm fork that has been cut down to 250 or thereabouts? I sometimes
see 350 forks on E-Bay cheaper than 250s. Go figure! Gary

Gary <[email protected]> wrote:

>Is there any danger is using a 350mm fork that has been cut down to 250 or thereabouts? I sometimes
>see 350 forks on E-Bay cheaper than 250s. Go figure!

You should figure out how long the steer tube needs to be before buying any fork. That would be head
tube + headset stack height + stem clamp height + spacers - 2 or 3mm. If that equals more than
250mm, I'd say the 250mm fork wouldn't be a bargain for you at any price...