Carbon Fiber Frame...

Originally posted by Randybaker99
I think this is an interesting development in carbon fiber frames, having a source of pieces that can be assembled into a semi-custom bike.

Has anyone else seriously thought about building a Carbon frame? The raw materials are readily available on the Internet.
Building at a home shop? Not me. I'm a small-scale tinkerer at best, and couldn't trust myself handling hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of tubing, even if the assembly process could be simplified to the truly minimal. If anyone has gone this road -- assembling carbon frames at home -- I'd love to hear about it.

Plus, the apartment's too small.

Originally posted by Randybaker99
I agree, back to the actual topic of the original posting. I think this is an interesting development in carbon fiber frames, having a source of pieces that can be assembled into a semi-custom bike. I have been toying with the idea of building a CF monocoque frame in my workshop, but this is even more feasible. The cost seems a bit high, but it can only go down over time.

The idea of building a Carbon frame got put in my head from reading http://www.sheldonbrown.com/rinard/howibuil.htm

This Sheldon guy is very brave (or foolhardy), riding his own creation, but it is something to tell your grandchildren! Don't get me wrong, I know that I could never create a truly engineered product like a Calfee (http://www.calfeedesign.com/construction.shtml) but you have to have a dream, right?

Has anyone else seriously thought about building a Carbon frame? The raw materials are readily available on the Internet.

Yes, actually it wasn't Sheldon that built the carbon frame on the page you referenced. Sheldon archived those pages. The frame was built by Damon Rinard. More of a monocque type of construction than carbon lugs, that is he laid up his own carbon joints.

The Dedacciai Carbon tubes come with carbon lugs that areavilable in a number of different angels. Don't let Pudster's lies dissuade you. The guy isn't a framebuilder. This, however, easy it may appear is not a project that you just glue and learn as you go. If you are truly interested in framebuilding, I suggest that you buy the Paterak manual first and learn some basics that our boy Pudster did not know. Paterak does steel construction, but the mitering, filing, and fitup will apply to other materials as well.

This is a new tubeset for 2004. Dedacciai's website hasn't been updated since 2002! You have to contact the USA distributor in Ohio directly. Tell him about this thread and the vicious lies that Pudster and lokstah are spreading around. His name is Joe Bringheli. Tel # is 440-887-0034.

Originally posted by BaCardi
This is a new tubeset for 2004. Dedacciai's website hasn't been updated since 2002! You have to contact the USA distributor in Ohio directly. Tell him about this thread and the vicious lies that Pudster and lokstah are spreading around. His name is Joe Bringheli. Tel # is 440-887-0034.
I spread a vicious lie? What is this, a Puccini opera? I asked a question about the Deda website.

I will not try to nail Jello to a tree again... I will not try to nail Jello to a tree again... I will not try to nail Jello to a tree again... don't argue with BaCardi... don't don't don't...

Originally posted by lokstah
I spread a vicious lie? What is this, a Puccini opera? I asked a question about the Deda website.

I will not try to nail Jello to a tree again... I will not try to nail Jello to a tree again... I will not try to nail Jello to a tree again... don't argue with BaCardi... don't don't don't...

Yes you did and you got called out on it. I hope someone calls the number for Joe that I posted and tell him what lies and rumors are being spread about his products.

Yes you did and you got called out on it. I hope someone calls the number for Joe that I posted and tell him what lies and rumors are being spread about his products.
I'm sorry... what lie was that? We're talking about Deda carbon tubing, right?

Joe Bringheli 440-887-0034.
What should I ask him? What kind of bike he rides? What he puts in his puttanesca sauce?

Did someone spread a vicious lie about Joe's mother's puttanesca recipe? Do Joe's mother a favor and quote me. I haven't made any claims about Deda tubing. Pudster made a few.

I'm sorry... what lie was that? We're talking about Deda carbon tubing, right?

No, we were talking about Dedacciai DCS carbon tubing. You were talking about me. I suppose I should be flattered instead of repulsed, but what can a person expect from a little POS troll like yourself.

If you're sooooo interested to know about Dedacciai tubing like you pretend to be, call the man himself. And I hope you tell him about this thread too where vicious lies and rumors are flying about his products.

Joe Bringheli 440-887-0034

No, we were talking about Dedacciai DCS carbon tubing. You were talking about me. I suppose I should be flattered instead of repulsed, but what can a person expect from a little POS troll like yourself.
Got it. It was completely unclear from your previous posts. Well, we were all talking about Deda tubing a few messages ago; let's keep it that way.

Got it. It was completely unclear from your previous posts. Well, we were all talking about Deda tubing a few messages ago; let's keep it that way.

No son. People were talking about Deda tubing. All except for you. Go back and check it out. Amaze yourself. See when this thing turned on you. We were talking about the tubes. You were talking about me. Comprende?!

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that it's possible for someone to be both right *and* nuts.

For gods sake lokstah ignore this cretin ... we all know you didn't tell any lies ... the guy is obviously not playing with a full deck upstairs ...

Originally posted by jstraw
I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that it's possible for someone to be both right *and* nuts.

Thank god for that! And if so, it's great to be nuts! Hooray for nuts! Better being right and nuts than it is to be wrong and dumb. :D

Originally posted by xaeros
For gods sake lokstah ignore this cretin ... we all know you didn't tell any lies ... the guy is obviously not playing with a full deck upstairs ...
Done.

Very slow work day for me; idle hands and all. You know how it is. My apologies to the forum.

Did have to go back and identify my participation in discussing Deda tubing about 10 posts ago; two messages total. Short, but present.

Anyways, regards all.

Done.

Very slow work day for me; idle hands and all. You know how it is. My apologies to the forum. Regards.

You shouldn't have flung any hooey to begin with. If you can't take it, don't dish it. Now back to you claiming to not throw any jello at trees or whatever the hell you said. You'll be back. You're all hot air anyway.

I looked back and not a single post of yours on this thread was ever on topic. Back to the Dedacciai DCS carbon tube thread.. Pudster? You want to respond to those claims you are making about these tubes, back on page 2 or something before lokstah hijacked this thread?

BaCardi I don't think that I ever met anybody that is as arrogant and stupid at the same time. My work number is 303-530-3091. I am not going to give you the 800 number because I don't want the company paying for your stupidity. I don't have time to be on this website all day like you, I have to work. Oh, ask for Pete. I will not be in until 12:00 mtn. If you want you can even talk to my boss. I don't think he will want to talk to you.
I can't wait to hear from you. I am probably going to regret this.

Originally posted by pudster
BaCardi I don't think that I ever met anybody that is as arrogant and stupid at the same time. My work number is 303-530-3091. I am not going to give you the 800 number because I don't want the company paying for your stupidity. I don't have time to be on this website all day like you, I have to work. Oh, ask for Pete. I will not be in until 12:00 mtn. If you want you can even talk to my boss. I don't think he will want to talk to you.
I can't wait to hear from you. I am probably going to regret this.

Why? I never asked you to post your number on here. I asked you to respond to these downright outrageous claims that you are making so that everyone can see what a liar you are. You have not. All I can say is that you wanted to post your number. Again, why? Nobody asked for it. And certainly nobody wants to hear your lies over the phone. You need to stand up and respond to these claims of yours on an open forum. You don't just make claims and do damage to Bringheli and Dedacciai and settle up with one person on the phone. Doesn't work that way.

If you are man enough, post the reasons behind your claims and mudslinging about Bringheli's products. Stand up and post your reasons behind your claims on Dedacciai also. You have consistently lied about 4 things that I wrote about on page 2. RESPOND TO THOSE 4 THINGS . One at a time. In an open forum to clear Bringheli, Dedacciai, and the YJ Framebuilder. You won't respond to them, because you can't respond to them. They are lies and that is the reason you keep avoiding them.

Last time I am going to talk to you.
#1 I can't always remember where we get stuff. My boss ordered it and I thought that he said NY.
#2 I remember the DT being 2" at the BB and tapering to about 1 7/16". I said that it was about those dimemsions. Look at my post.
#3 the BB is aluminum and it does slide into a carbon lug look at my post. The carbon lug has an aluminum sleave that the BB fits into.
#4 The reason I gave you the number is because I wanted to talk to you and make you realize that I am a builder and you don't have to talk to me, you could talk to one of the other guys and ask them.

That is my last post.