Carbon Fiber Frame...

Hey BaCardi, maybe opinion wouldn't be so against you if you let the forum know why they should take your word against pudster's.

Also, pudster only said he got his hands on the tubeset and didn't like the way it fit together. Firstly this is only a statement of opinion, not an outright statement of "the tubes are ****", and secondly, isn't it possible he got a defective tubeset? No manufacturer is perfect.

Also, maybe I'm missing something but I can't find any negative comments from him about YellowJersey or Bringheli in this thread.

Originally posted by mjw_byrne
Hey BaCardi, maybe opinion wouldn't be so against you if you let the forum know why they should take your word against pudster's.

Also, pudster only said he got his hands on the tubeset and didn't like the way it fit together. Firstly this is only a statement of opinion, not an outright statement of "the tubes are ****", and secondly, isn't it possible he got a defective tubeset? No manufacturer is perfect.

Also, maybe I'm missing something but I can't find any negative comments from him about YellowJersey or Bringheli in this thread.

drink milk more. look more. read more.

Originally posted by BaCardi
drink mil more. look more. read more.

Right....I still can't find any post where pudster says anything negative about YJ or Bringheli. Any chance some of your accusations at him aren't entirely justifiable?

I read it exactly the same as mjw_byrne. Pudster said it didn't fit well. From looking at the picture, I imagine he took a tube and offered it up to the lug (without mitering or whatever), and it fit poorly. If he is, in fact, a frame builder, then his experience may immediately make him uneasy at this point. I can definitely see this happening, especially if the tube was obviously much smaller than the lug.

I can't really understand why you think this isn't possible, in particular as I suspect you haven't ever seen the tubes or lugs in question.

Your whole argument hinges on your disbelief of answers made by pudster. I believe him. His only crime thus far appears to be being not especially good at arguing with you using the written word. Perhaps that is why he offered his phone number?

Right....I still can't find any post where pudster says anything negative about YJ or Bringheli. Any chance some of your accusations at him aren't entirely justifiable?

fitup, mitering, filing, lug & tube prep, etc are done by the framebuilder. the tube isn't supposed to fit until that work is done. any competent framebuilder knows this. i'm not going to spell it out to you again. Reading is fundamental.

As for the other 2 post newbie...good try, but I don't think so.

I'd hazard a guess that if Bringheli were to read through this topic he'd be far more concerned about the tenor of your *support* for him than feelings pudster has regarding product. I can just about hear him uttering a heartfelt "don't help me." With friends like you... as the saying goes.

As for the other 2 post newbie...good try, but I don't think so.

I thought you might bring that up, so nearly didn't post. The old internet chestnut - post count equating to intelligence or knowledge.

I kinda hoped you'd see past the low post count and maybe deign to answer my question.

(edit) Yippee, 3 posts now. I am well on the way to credibility ;).

fitup, mitering, filing, lug & tube prep, etc are done by the framebuilder. the tube isn't supposed to fit until that work is done. any competent framebuilder knows this. i'm not going to spell it out to you again.

Well, I'm not a framebuilder so I don't know about any of that stuff, but I wasn't questioning your knowledge on that topic (although it'd still be nice if you could give some reason why the forum should believe that you are better qualified to comment on this than pudster). The thing that's bugging me (and, by the looks of things, the "other 2 post newbie") is that pudster doesn't appear to have said anything about Bringheli or YJ. Exactly what are the "vicious lies" you're referring to?

And BTW, bikes and cycling have been around for ages - a lot longer than the 'net. CamB's low post count says nothing about his knowledge or experience.

Well, I'm not a framebuilder so I don't know about any of that stuff, but I wasn't questioning your knowledge on that topic (although it'd still be nice if you could give some reason why the forum should believe that you are better qualified to comment on this than pudster). The thing that's bugging me (and, by the looks of things, the "other 2 post newbie") is that pudster doesn't appear to have said anything about Bringheli or YJ. Exactly what are the "vicious lies" you're referring to?

There is no reason why BaCardi should be believed here. He has never given us his credentials as a frame builder. He is fond of telling other that if they cannot take his attacks to get off the forum, but will not substantiate his own allegations. I checked Pudster’s phone number. It checks out as Dean Cycles, a frame builder in Colorado. Just thouhgt you might like to know Bicarb.

I have encountered people in the past lie and give false information about subject to gain acceptance. Im not saying that anyones a liar but if Bacardi wants to question him , THATS HIS RIGHT and ours to read it. Hell I race cars , I once had a guy post dyno sheets that he stole off the internet of a car that I didnt believe he had...why? Because I was knowledable to know when I smell a rat. Turns out the guy was some 17 yo kid trying to make internet friends.

Originally posted by saso
I have encountered people in the past lie and give false information about subject to gain acceptance. Im not saying that anyones a liar but if Bacardi wants to question him , THATS HIS RIGHT and ours to read it. Hell I race cars , I once had a guy post dyno sheets that he stole off the internet of a car that I didnt believe he had...why? Because I was knowledable to know when I smell a rat. Turns out the guy was some 17 yo kid trying to make internet friends.

Well said. BTW, I'm the President of the United States and I work for the citizens of the United States. You can call me at the White House. Phone: (202) 456-1414 or Fax: (202) 456-2461 . :D

There's quite a difference between respectfully doubting someone's statements and flaming the pants off them. Questioning the validity of someone's statements does not involve calling them an SOB, for example, as BaCardi has done to pudster. And if BaCardi really wants to question pudster, he's got his number.

And I STILL have no idea why BaCardi reckons pudster has said anything derogatory about Bringheli or YJ!!!

There's quite a difference between respectfully doubting someone's statements and flaming the pants off them. Questioning the validity of someone's statements does not involve calling them an SOB, for example, as BaCardi has done to pudster. And if BaCardi really wants to question pudster, he's got his number.

And I STILL have no idea why BaCardi reckons pudster has said anything derogatory about Bringheli or YJ!!!

I never called him a "SOB", but it clear that you didn't read the thread.

I never called him a "SOB", but it clear that you didn't read the thread.

"You know why I know you are a lieing SOB"

This is an exact quote from your 7-03. 2004 10:13 post. Seems you don’t know what you are saying. Not surprising. Still waiting for your qualifications as a frame builder. :confused:

Thanks Moser, I was going to rebut BaCardi's last post but I was groaning internally at the thought of trawling through all his **** to find the SOB bit.

Thanks Moser, I was going to rebut BaCardi's last post but I was groaning internally at the thought of trawling through all his **** to find the SOB bit.

Sure. Bicarb seems to have lost his taste for this thread. Wonder why . . . . :D

I'm not exactly sure where to put this, as BiCardi accepts neither emails nor PMs. So, the public forum it will have to be.

BiCardi, in reply to your PM:

Your IP and username 'CamB' has been logged. Dual usernames are in violation of the user agreement. Failure to abide by the user agreement will result in a banned posting priveledges. You have been warned.

CyclingForums.com Admin

Is this because I check the forum from work and from home using the same user name? Is this not ok?

If on the other hand, you are implying that I have two user names, and am in fact someone else with a new username especially made to cause trouble, then I can assure you that this isn't the case. My "two IP addresses, one login" should confirm this, as should the fact that I registered over two months ago and lurked for a while before posting.

Apologies to everyone else for cluttering up the thread, I'd rather sort this out in private.