Carbon Fiber Frame...

IanD

Jan 13, 2004
I was perusing the internet tonite and saw this -> http://www.yellowjersey.org/dedacarb.html. Could not find any info on Deda's website about this stuff though. I placed an email to LBS for all the normal info -> warranty, price, time to build, frame testing after build... Whaddya peeps think ?

IanD in SanDiego

Originally posted by IanD
I was perusing the internet tonite and saw this -> http://www.yellowjersey.org/dedacarb.html. Could not find any info on Deda's website about this stuff though. I placed an email to LBS for all the normal info -> warranty, price, time to build, frame testing after build... Whaddya peeps think ?

IanD in SanDiego

Link didn't work for me, as far as dealing with the Yellow Jersey is concerned, these guys are a treat to deal with. Very reputable/knowledgeable group. ;)

I have seen the stuff and it is pretty funky and fit up seems to be really bad. It is kind of ugly stuff but that is just me. Some may like it.

http://www.yellowjersey.org/dedacarb.html

That link should work a little better. Just a problem with the period at the end of the sentence.

Anyway, that looks thrilling. Looks like a good way to get a custom carbon bike. Just one more assurance that my next bike will be carbon. I figure by the time I'm ready to get a new bike (years from now) they won't sell anything but carbon. Not that that is bad.

I had the stuff in my hands and tried to get stuff to fit up but it did not fit well at all. If you get one I would love to hear how the bike is if you get one. It won't look anything like a Trek OCLV, The tubes are really big in diameter.

I bought my Giant TCR composite Frame/fork/headset for less than the price of that Deda frameset. I would rather have a monocoque frame than one built in a shop with adhesives.

Originally posted by pudster
I had the stuff in my hands and tried to get stuff to fit up but it did not fit well at all. If you get one I would love to hear how the bike is if you get one. It won't look anything like a Trek OCLV, The tubes are really big in diameter.

You're post is totally fake! Where did you buy the tubeset? Who sold it to you? Dedacciai does not sell to unauthorized peeps. Son, wtf are you talking about?

This is a carbon tubeset made by Dadacciai. You're not a framebuilder. The tubes are not supposed to just fit up when you buy them! A framebuilder, not you, miters the tubes precisely fit the carbon lugs. THEN THEY FIT! You don't just buy the stuff and glue it together. They don't come to you pre-mitered Einstein! And I highly doubt that you are a framebuilder because you would've known this. I also highly doubt that you are a distributor either because you would've known this. The tubes don't suck. Somec, Pinarello, and many others have used this exact tubeset in their new carbon frames.

so I want to know how you got these tubes. or, like I suspect you just made up that ****. And quit dogging on Dedacciai and the YellowJersey framebuilder building with this stuff. either post where you allegedly got this stuff or just shut up.

Originally posted by BaCardi
You're post is totally fake! Where did you buy the tubeset? Who sold it to you? Dedacciai does not sell to unauthorized peeps. Son, wtf are you talking about?

...or, like I suspect you just made up that ****. And quit dogging on Dedacciai and the YellowJersey framebuilder building with this stuff. either post where you allegedly got this stuff or just shut up.
Boudreaux? Is that you?

Originally posted by lokstah
Boudreaux? Is that you?

why yes it is :D PS- shut up! YellowJersey, Dedacciai, and all are waiting on pudster to respond to these outrageous claims.

Originally posted by rossoreduk
BTW lokstah where is ur Klein?
In the fifth circle of hell.

BaCardi, just cool it, a'ight? Ask the dude under what circumstances he handled Deda tubing before you spew flames all over our friendly forum, ok? And even if he were telling lies, he's not telling them about your mother.

Just calm down...

Pudster, any replies?

Not so fast. A lie is a lie is a lie. And dogging the YellowJersey bike shop and freambuilder is equally if not more heinous than my weak reply. Dedacciai does not put out **** tubes.

We are still waiting. Pudster?

Originally posted by lokstah

BaCardi, just cool it, a'ight? And even if he were telling lies, he's not telling them about your mother.

[ Insert off color one liner here. ] :D

BaCardi, you are such a, no I am not going to say it. I really don't like to tell people what I do on this forum but I don't like being called a liar. I am a frame builder for a popular bike company and I have been doing it for 15 years. About a month ago we got a tubeset from the USA distributer of Dedacciai tubing and the fit up and shape of the tubes looked not good in my opinion and we sent it back to them. All I am trying to do is help someone that has a question about the tubing. I guess that from now on I will not post any replies on this forum, it is not worth being called a liar or a racist.

BaCardi, you are such a, no I am not going to say it. I really don't like to tell people what I do on this forum but I don't like being called a liar. I am a frame builder for a popular bike company and I have been doing it for 15 years. About a month ago we got a tubeset from the USA distributer of Dedacciai tubing and the fit up and shape of the tubes looked not good in my opinion and we sent it back to them. All I am trying to do is help someone that has a question about the tubing. I guess that from now on I will not post any replies on this forum, it is not worth being called a liar or a racist.

Bull****. You know why I know you are a lieing SOB. Because Joe Bringheli is the distributor in the USA. He has recently received the 1st shipment from Italy. Again, what is your name? What is your company? Total BS! You didn't even know you had to miter the tubes. They DO NOT come premitered and will NOT fit until they are, in fact, mitered. ANY competent framebuilder knows this.

Bringheli, please come respond to this retard.

Boy you are a piece of work. We had been wanting to get the tubeset from early on when we first heard about it. We got the set as soon as it was available. I know that they do not come pre mitered you, no I am not going to come down to your level. I was talking about the interface between the carbon lugs and the tubes. Where did I ever say pre-mitered. You can insert the the tubes into the lugs even if they have not been coped. By the way coping is what you do to tubes not mitering. Mitering is a strait cut and coping is a curved cut to have a tight fit for 2 tubes that are being put together. I am sorry but I don't think that it is appropriate to say what frame company I work for. I don't want to have people think I am biased.

Boy you are a piece of work. We had been wanting to get the tubeset from early on when we first heard about it. We got the set as soon as it was available. I know that they do not come pre mitered you, no I am not going to come down to your level. I was talking about the interface between the carbon lugs and the tubes. Where did I ever say pre-mitered. You can insert the the tubes into the lugs even if they have not been coped. By the way coping is what you do to tubes not mitering. Mitering is a strait cut and coping is a curved cut to have a tight fit for 2 tubes that are being put together. I am sorry but I don't think that it is appropriate to say what frame company I work for. I don't want to have people think I am biased.

Coping, fishmouth, AND MITERING are all the same. The common term in the framebuilding industry is mitering. And no. You DO NOT fit up the tubes before mitering. Each set has a defined angle per lug. Each lug is specific to that angle. The framebuilder must miter and do the filing himself! This is applicable to all facets of building whether it is steel, titanium, etc. Even in steel building, with lugs, the lugs will be too tight for the steel tubes and filing must be done to make a proper fitup. You don't just buy the tubes and they slide in perfectly! That is the job of the framebuilder. Comprende?!

You are lieing. You certainly DO NOT even know very basic framebuilding terminology or construction methods. Joe Bringheli did not sell you the tubes you claim that he did. He is the ONLY distributor for Dedacciai tubes in the USA. He only recently recived these tubes and only a few have been sold.

Its ok for you to drag Yellow Jersey bike shop, the framebuilder at YJ, Dedacciai, and now Bringheli through the mud. And you claim to be working at a framebuilding company? I don't buy it. Again, where? when did you supposedly buy these tubes? When?

Well I guess that you have really bummed me out about this. We got the tubeset from Bringheli, if I remember they are in Upstate NY. Well we were one of the companies that bought a set from them and we sent it back because they did not look right to us in the fit up and in the looks. The TT was about 11/2" in dia., the DT was about 2" in dia. at the BB and it tapered to about 17/16" at the head tube. The BB was aluminum and fit into a carbon lug at the BB. I think that the head tube was 2 seperate lugs and they fit into a cabon tube. The headset faces were set for a internal headset. I am not sure when I said that I did not like the Yellow Jersey , Bringheli or the builder at Yellow Jersey. I just said that we did not like the fit or the looks. If you would promise not to put on this forum what company I work for I could e-mail you my phone number and you could call me at work