Carbon Fiber Handlebars--Carbon stem necessary?

bobbyOCR said:
I find that using predominately aluminium puts me better in tune with the Earth's harmonic vibrations.

I ride Deda Newton stuff. It rocks. Is it uncomfortable? No because I have my position right.

PS. The bend on Deda Newton bars (ergo) is very very comfortable.

Also, Alienator, no those crystals do not count. I'm sorry to say your Chakras will continue corroding.

Lucky for me, my chakras took a turn for the better today when the Cycling Gods gifted me with an AX Lightness Daedalus post.

alienator said:
Lucky for me, my chakras took a turn for the better today when the Cycling Gods gifted me with an AX Lightness Daedalus post.
:eek:

That negates all negative effects of alloy+carbon with its magical properties granted by the Gods of weightweenie-ism. Is this replacing the moots post ? IIRC you had one, but I may be thinking of a different bike.

You not only lost weight on the post but now your wallet is a little lighter too :D

serenaslu said:
These effects can be negated, however, by either placing amethyst, citrine, garnet, smoky quartz and clear quartz crystals (specific combinations vary by astrological sign) within your chamois layer; or by wearing a special helmet as pictured below to funnel the vortex energies. (CPSC, Snell certification may be questionable.)
clunn.jpg
Does that helmet keep your razor from getting dull???

Inquiring minds want to know ;-))))

bobbyOCR said:
:eek:

That negates all negative effects of alloy+carbon with its magical properties granted by the Gods of weightweenie-ism. Is this replacing the moots post ? IIRC you had one, but I may be thinking of a different bike.

You not only lost weight on the post but now your wallet is a little lighter too :D

Yup. Replacing the Moots post with it's infuriating clamp. Yeah, my wallet, in the future will be lighter, but the fine LBS folks be lettin' make payments on it and gave it to me below cost.....so that helps. Still, I guess it is silly expensive.

The good thing is that now the Moots has achieved an optimal level of blackness.

alienator said:
The good thing is that now the Moots has achieved an optimal level of blackness.
I bought a Habenero frame a couple of years ago and, as time goes by, it looks more and more like a good purchase. I am totally happy with this bike. The frame is awesome (despite two major crashes) and I spec'd everything else. If you desire Ti, check out Habenero. Lots of other alternatives, as well.

sdsweeney123 said:
Hi. I ride a Colnago Ovalmaster (titanium frame, carbon fork) and recently purchased a set of FSA K-Wing carbon fiber bars. I need a new stem and have been told that I must also buy a carbon fiber stem. Is that right? The bars were pretty pricey, so I guess I'd rather not spend a ton if its not necessary. Any thoughts? Thanks. Scott
FSA OS115 with just the carbon cap (4 bolts). There's a reason the pros still prefer aluminum stem and bars, being all carbon really makes no difference in ride performance and vibration (weight a little, but not much)