Carbon Fiber integredy...

Söderskungen said:
Jeez... I really hope that this isn't representative of the general standard of basic literacy in the USA. Maybe that's why he's given himself a number instead of a name so he doesn't spell it wrong and can't log in...
My friend, your contribution is a little rude - is this typical Scandinavian politeness?

Call me overcautious, but I wouldn't be buying that dented frame. You'd probably never have trouble, but it would bug me.

artemidorus said:
My friend, your contribution is a little rude - is this typical Scandinavian politeness?
It's a viking thing.... says the half-blood Swede. We're more into that raping and pillaging thing. And understanding people through good grammar, punctuation, and spelling. It's not that hard. Besides, if you have a point to make and take all the trouble to post it into a public forum, don't you want to be understood? Har det ar Soderskungen? No umlauts on my keyboard. Drat! So much for the spelling thing.

John Swanson
www.bikephysics.com

Söderskungen said:
Jeez... I really hope that this isn't representative of the general standard of basic literacy in the USA. Maybe that's why he's given himself a number instead of a name so he doesn't spell it wrong and can't log in...

Was that really necessary? Certainly inflammatory at best.

I have two CF frames and the only problem I had was self inflicted, I over tightened the seat clamp and cracked the seat post which is also CF. Cost me over $100 and was a self correcting error.

alfeng said:
2006?!?

Dented!?!

The dent is in an aluminum tube ... only the rear stays & fork are carbon fiber.

Althought the dent is mostly cosmetic ... about $900US is all you should probably pay for it.

About $1100 without the dent for a 2007 model!
thats what i figured... an 08 model is 1500... & for 1300 + a dent for an 06 seems very pricey... anyone else have any imput on this. Do you think i would be paying too much?

the bad part is that i already put money down on ot... :/

J5311 said:
thats what i figured... an 08 model is 1500... & for 1300 + a dent for an 06 seems very pricey... anyone else have any imput on this. Do you think i would be paying too much?

I think that a $200 discount for a dent like that is inadequate - it takes a pretty big hit to make a dent that size.

J5311 said:

How much money?

IF the LBS has ANY integrity, they will allow you to use THAT money on something else they sell -- for example, tools, tires/tubes, cables/housing ...

Now, whether or not there is anything else they have that you want at a reasonable price is another issue ... now, or in the future.

OR, better, they will just give you your money back! Tell them you have unexpected expenses & won't be buying a new bike until _(whenever)_.

If they just refund the deposit, then thank them profusely & give serious consideration to patronizing them in the future IF they have something you truly want/need!

IN THE FUTURE, actually do some research before rushing out to a store to buy a bike/car/anything until you have a better idea of what you are looking at.

alfeng said:
How much money?

IF the LBS has ANY integrity, they will allow you to use THAT money on something else they sell -- for example, tools, tires/tubes, cables/housing ...

Now, whether or not there is anything else they have that you want at a reasonable price is another issue ... now, or in the future.

OR, better, they will just give you your money back! Tell them you have unexpected expenses & won't be buying a new bike until _(whenever)_.

If they just refund the deposit, then thank them profusely & give serious consideration to patronizing them in the future IF they have something you truly want/need!

IN THE FUTURE, actually do some research before rushing out to a store to buy a bike/car/anything until you have a better idea of what you are looking at.
here is the link of my first help needed... i thank all that posted.. :D
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t424823.html

J5311 said:
here is the dent ...

So it's not a CF issue at all, it's a dented metal tube issue. I'd feel more concerned about that than about a chipped CF tube. CF can usually be successfully repaired if the damage is accessible and you don't mind a certain weight increase and dimensional change.
What you've got is a potential stress riser in a piece of thin walled tubing, and I don't think anyone can tell you with certainty whether that will come back to haunt you or not. But short of replacing that tube (which probably really isn't an option) I can't se any way of fixing that.

janiejones said:
Your country's biggest export has two different letters in it - ABBA - is that as far as you Swedes can get in the alphabet:D

If that is all a group of people need to become ridiculously rich - then I for one won't argue with success....

Söderskungen said:
On the contrary. We find the 26 letters that you have just don't allow us to fully express the fine nuances of mood and expression we so cherish; so we've tagged an extra 3 letters to the end of our alphabet.
Sorry I didn't realise arrogance was a "fine nuance of mood and expression".:eek: