Carbon fiber touch up question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Steve, Mar 9, 2003.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hello group,

    I have a Cinelli Ram bar/stem and seat post that have a few minor chips in the gloss finish that I
    would like to touch up. Does anyone know what kind of clear coat I should use to match the original
    finish and also not harm the carbon fiber or existing gloss finish?

    Thanks,

    Steve"better ask before I do something stupid" Miller

    Tags:

  2. Garry N

    Garry N Guest

    Clear nail polish. It's cheap, glossy and dries fast. Garry

    "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello group,
    >
    > I have a Cinelli Ram bar/stem and seat post that have a few minor chips in the gloss finish that I
    > would like to touch up. Does anyone know what kind of clear coat I should use to match the
    original
    > finish and also not harm the carbon fiber or existing gloss finish?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Steve"better ask before I do something stupid" Miller

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello group,
    >
    > I have a Cinelli Ram bar/stem and seat post that have a few minor chips in the gloss finish that I
    > would like to touch up. Does anyone know what kind of clear coat I should use to match the
    original
    > finish and also not harm the carbon fiber or existing gloss finish?

    clear nail polish