Carbon fiber Tour Easy in Idaho

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Beshara, May 12, 2003.

  1. Beshara

    Beshara New Member

    Joined:
    May 12, 2003
    When did Easy Racer start making these?

    I was headed to Boise, ID, from my home in SLC, UT last weekend. With time to kill, I gased up in Twin Falls, and swung by the local college to say hi to a freind who works at the CSI library. Sitting at the library entrance and securly chained, sat what appeared to be a black TE clone. Closer inspection revealed that the tubes were not painted, but in fact were carbon fiber. The joints were metal - polished aluminum, or titanium. A technique mirroring the stunning Merlin Cielo (I believe that's correct model). I own a GRR, and have ridden a TiRush so I know the Easy Racer quality first hand. This bent exibited equal or better construction than my GRR. And was far better looking. Anybody know about this?

    Tags:

  2. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    Beshara <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > When did Easy Racer start making these?
    >
    > I was headed to Boise, ID, from my home in SLC, UT last weekend. With time to kill, I gased up in
    > Twin Falls, and swung by the local college to say hi to a freind who works at the CSI library.
    > Sitting at the library entrance and securly chained, sat what appeared to be a black TE clone.
    > Closer inspection revealed that the tubes were not painted, but in fact were carbon fiber. The
    > joints were metal - polished aluminum, or titanium. A technique mirroring the stunning Merlin
    > Cielo (I believe that's correct model). I own a GRR, and have ridden a TiRush so I know the Easy
    > Racer quality first hand. This bent exibited equal or better construction than my GRR. And was far
    > better looking. Anybody know about this?

    Fred Markham and Calfee are working on a carbon TE style bike, but what you saw sounds different. It
    might have been a one off. Pics of the Calfee bike are here:

    http://www.cyberonic.net/~gdevault/stiletto.htm

    johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

  3. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    Good Lord, I wanna see! If by chance anyone ever see's this bike again, please leave a note on it
    telling them to contact Easy Racers!

    Thanks,

    Gabe Easy Racers

    "Beshara" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > When did Easy Racer start making these?
    >
    > I was headed to Boise, ID, from my home in SLC, UT last weekend. With time to kill, I gased up in
    > Twin Falls, and swung by the local college to say hi to a freind who works at the CSI library.
    > Sitting at the library entrance and securly chained, sat what appeared to be a black TE clone.
    > Closer inspection revealed that the tubes were not painted, but in fact were carbon fiber. The
    > joints were metal - polished aluminum, or titanium. A technique mirroring the stunning Merlin
    > Cielo (I believe that's correct model). I own a GRR, and have ridden a TiRush so I know the Easy
    > Racer quality first hand. This bent exibited equal or better construction than my GRR. And was far
    > better looking. Anybody know about this?

  4. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

  5. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    According to BRAIN, at the recent (lightly attended!) Taipei bike show, one "would be hard pressed
    to find one of the 601 exhibitors without a carbon fiber product. The sheer volume of carbon fiber
    on its way in 2004 is staggering."

    And here most of us are, still stuck with our humble steel-framed bikes :-(

    Johnriley1 (at) rogers.com