Carbon frame scratched! Can the scratches be covered up?

sergen

Jul 28, 2003
I leant my bike up against a wall yesterday when a massive gust of wind blew it over - admittedly I didn't lean it particularly well because I am a stupid, lazy ass. In the process the bike sustained a few little scratches on the top tube, but nothing major. It's purely cosmetic damage but alas, I cannot help my vanity.

The frame is exactly the same colour as the carbon Campag Record ergopower shifters so the white scratches really do stand out against the black frame.

The only thought I have had is to place small pieces of black 'gaffer tape' over the scratched areas but that wouldn't exactly look fantastic. Has anybody got any previous experience of dealing with small scratches on a carbon frame?

thanks

As Faux Pas says automotive scratch remover, then sealer and glaze then canubra wax. If they don't polish out, use a tiny bit of automotive clear coat touch up and then polish it again, if the scratches are not filled then do it again. If its still looks a bit white then use permanent black marker pen to touch out the white marks.