carbon giant question

HobieDude16

Feb 9, 2004
i know somebody who overtightened a bike tuning stand on his giant tcr composite zero, and put about a 3 inch crack in the top tube, near the seat post. its not like a split open crack, but more of a line down the carbon fiber, but definately its a crack like weak spot. so the question is, hes willing to sell it cheap, so is it safe to ride on? i would love to upgrade to a carbon bike, but dont want to spend so much money, so with a small, 3 inch crack, will i be in danger when riding it? im fearing yes, so im kinda staying away, any advice? thanks in advance

HobieDude16 said:
i know somebody who overtightened a bike tuning stand on his giant tcr composite zero, and put about a 3 inch crack in the top tube, near the seat post. its not like a split open crack, but more of a line down the carbon fiber, but definately its a crack like weak spot. so the question is, hes willing to sell it cheap, so is it safe to ride on? i would love to upgrade to a carbon bike, but dont want to spend so much money, so with a small, 3 inch crack, will i be in danger when riding it? im fearing yes, so im kinda staying away, any advice? thanks in advance
I wouldn't buy it. I broke a couple of giant forks last month and they were not damaged in anyway before hand, there's no way i'd ride a cracked carbon frame.

steve said:
I wouldn't buy it. I broke a couple of giant forks last month and they were not damaged in anyway before hand, there's no way i'd ride a cracked carbon frame.
IT would be criminal to sell it. It's broken.

tafi said:
IT would be criminal to sell it. It's broken.

^^^
Bump. Don't buy and give the bloke trying to sell a cracked frame a kick in the nuts....:(

ed073 said:
^^^
Bump. Don't buy and give the bloke trying to sell a cracked frame a kick in the nuts....:(

haha, alright, yeah, he deserves one for breaking that nice of a frame :(

HobieDude16 said:
Why do you think he is selling it cheap.Don't be a bigger moron than he is.