Carbon handlebar/stem

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Price

Saw a road bike parked at coffee today with I think a Deda brand one piece carbon fibre handle bar &
stem combination.

The tops of the bars were flat, maybe 1.5 inches wide, with a groove underneath to run the cables -
the drops were conventional round tubes.

Interesting feature was the integrated time trial bars in the form of a short triangle projecting
out from the front of the stem, so you have permanent tt bars available.

Looked sculptural and interesting but any use out there in the real world of cycling?

best, Andrew

Useful or not, the UCI has declared them illegal for mass start races, thanks to the little aero bar extension.

On a similiar note, Cinelli makes a similiar one piece stem/handlebar that Gilberto Simoni used throughout this year's Giro d'Italia victory.

BOTH are INCREDIBLY expensive. :-(

Originally posted by Andrew Price
Saw a road bike parked at coffee today with I think a Deda brand one piece carbon fibre handle bar &
stem combination.

The tops of the bars were flat, maybe 1.5 inches wide, with a groove underneath to run the cables -
the drops were conventional round tubes.

Interesting feature was the integrated time trial bars in the form of a short triangle projecting
out from the front of the stem, so you have permanent tt bars available.

Looked sculptural and interesting but any use out there in the real world of cycling?

best, Andrew

"Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Saw a road bike parked at coffee today with I think a Deda brand one piece carbon fibre handle bar
> & stem combination.
>
> The tops of the bars were flat, maybe 1.5 inches wide, with a groove underneath to run the cables
> - the drops were conventional round tubes.
>
> Interesting feature was the integrated time trial bars in the form of a short triangle projecting
> out from the front of the stem, so you have permanent tt bars available.
>
> Looked sculptural and interesting but any use out there in the real world
of
> cycling?
>

Deda Synapsi. http://www.lickbike.com/i1108150.htm Recently banned from racing.

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.