Carbon handlebar/stem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Andrew Price, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Andrew Price

    Andrew Price Guest

    Saw a road bike parked at coffee today with I think a Deda brand one piece carbon fibre handle bar &
    stem combination.

    The tops of the bars were flat, maybe 1.5 inches wide, with a groove underneath to run the cables -
    the drops were conventional round tubes.

    Interesting feature was the integrated time trial bars in the form of a short triangle projecting
    out from the front of the stem, so you have permanent tt bars available.

    Looked sculptural and interesting but any use out there in the real world of cycling?

    best, Andrew

    Tags:

  2. robc

    robc New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2003
    Useful or not, the UCI has declared them illegal for mass start races, thanks to the little aero bar extension.

    On a similiar note, Cinelli makes a similiar one piece stem/handlebar that Gilberto Simoni used throughout this year's Giro d'Italia victory.

    BOTH are INCREDIBLY expensive. :-(

  3. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    news:[email protected]...