Carbon Handlebars for Small Hands

Bruce L

Dec 31, 2003
I was riding 3T More handlebars which was great for my small hands. However they are now in bar heaven after a crash and almost impossible to find. Does anyone have recommendations for replacement(carbon bars) that would suit my small hands?

Try 3T Bio Morphe! I also have small hands and these bars work really well for me. They also have a great ergonomical design. Might take some time getting use to them. If you were happy with your previous 3T bar. I would give these a try. Good luck. Read some more reviews here http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/controls/handlebars/3ttt/PRD_323673_2498crx.aspx
Bruce L said:
I was riding 3T More handlebars which was great for my small hands. However they are now in bar heaven after a crash and almost impossible to find. Does anyone have recommendations for replacement(carbon bars) that would suit my small hands?

Bruce L said:
Deda Newton Ergo bend - shallow drop, short reach - just the right amount for me, I find.

YMMV,

n

pete88 said:
Try 3T Bio Morphe! I also have small hands and these bars work really well for me. They also have a great ergonomical design. Might take some time getting use to them. If you were happy with your previous 3T bar. I would give these a try. Good luck. Read some more reviews here http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/controls/handlebars/3ttt/PRD_323673_2498crx.aspx

Thanks. I heard they are suppose to be great but work better with Campy shifters. I have Shimano components and wonder what you have?
Thanks
Bruce

The best bars for small hands that work great with shimano shifters - I know since I use that combo - is the Easton EC90 Equipe in the pro bend. The only problem is that Easton stopped making them last year!! Not enough demand was the reason cited. When I heard that, I scoured North American mail order shops and managed to find three spare pairs which I will guard zealously.

If you can find a pair, they are the ones for you!!

How about Specialized Ruby SL handlebars? They are made for women so they are designed for smaller hands - but they come in a limited number of widths 38, 40,42 and are pretty pricey at $250

I'm using campy record! As far as using shimano, not sure! You may want to look into it.
Bruce L said:
Thanks. I heard they are suppose to be great but work better with Campy shifters. I have Shimano components and wonder what you have?
Thanks
Bruce