Carbon Handlebars....Overkill?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Joe Gilmore, Apr 20, 2003.

  1. Joe Gilmore

    Joe Gilmore Guest

    I have a steel frame (Schwinn Peloton) with carbon fork and carbon seatpost. When I first tried
    carbon it was on a Cannondale aluminum frame and I noticed a dramatic difference when adding a
    carbon fork and seatpost.
    (i..,e smoother ride, bumps more dampened). Would be interested in any opinions/experience on adding
    carbon handlebars........is it a worthwhile addition on a steel frame bike with carbon
    fork???.....or just "overkill"

    Tags:

  2. I
    > noticed a dramatic difference when adding a carbon fork and seatpost.
    > (i..,e smoother ride, bumps more dampened).
    The difference is in your imagination. It might not be for bars, but it is for forks. They make fork
    all difference

  3. joe-<< I have a steel frame (Schwinn Peloton) with carbon fork and carbon seatpost. When I first
    tried carbon it was on a Cannondale aluminum frame and I noticed a dramatic difference when adding a
    carbon fork and seatpost.
    (i..,e smoother ride, bumps more dampened).

    I'll buy the ride difference for the fork but the seatpost material won't make any difference, samo
    for a carbon handlebar...

    I just took off a Kestrel carbon bar(too long of a reach) and put my Cinelli
    64/42 back on-no difference, on a steel frameset...

    But ya wanna buy the carbon bar? $100+ shipping

    (65)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  4. In article <[email protected]>, "Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee"

    > > noticed a dramatic difference when adding a carbon fork and seatpost.
    > > (i..,e smoother ride, bumps more dampened).
    > The difference is in your imagination. It might not be for bars, but it is for forks. They make
    > fork all difference

    My kitchen scale says they make nearly 250 g difference over a steel fork. That's like 1500 calories
    that are free for me to eat!