Carbon Handlebars....Overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Gilmore

I have a steel frame (Schwinn Peloton) with carbon fork and carbon seatpost. When I first tried
carbon it was on a Cannondale aluminum frame and I noticed a dramatic difference when adding a
carbon fork and seatpost.
(i..,e smoother ride, bumps more dampened). Would be interested in any opinions/experience on adding
carbon handlebars........is it a worthwhile addition on a steel frame bike with carbon
fork???.....or just "overkill"

I
> noticed a dramatic difference when adding a carbon fork and seatpost.
> (i..,e smoother ride, bumps more dampened).
The difference is in your imagination. It might not be for bars, but it is for forks. They make fork
all difference

joe-<< I have a steel frame (Schwinn Peloton) with carbon fork and carbon seatpost. When I first
tried carbon it was on a Cannondale aluminum frame and I noticed a dramatic difference when adding a
carbon fork and seatpost.
(i..,e smoother ride, bumps more dampened).

I'll buy the ride difference for the fork but the seatpost material won't make any difference, samo
for a carbon handlebar...

I just took off a Kestrel carbon bar(too long of a reach) and put my Cinelli
64/42 back on-no difference, on a steel frameset...

But ya wanna buy the carbon bar? $100+ shipping

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(65)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

In article <[email protected]>, "Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I
> > noticed a dramatic difference when adding a carbon fork and seatpost.
> > (i..,e smoother ride, bumps more dampened).
> The difference is in your imagination. It might not be for bars, but it is for forks. They make
> fork all difference

My kitchen scale says they make nearly 250 g difference over a steel fork. That's like 1500 calories
that are free for me to eat!

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.