Carbon handlebars

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by LeDomestique, Apr 14, 2007.

1. LeDomestique

LeDomestique New Member

2. boon

boon New Member

3. ::dom::

::dom:: New Member

Looks like the ones I got on Ebay in the US. Do a search on eBay for a user called CarbonLord (carbonlord.com). He gave me a better deal than his "buy it now" price and shipping was reasonable and fast.

The bars? I love them. Logoless and graphic free suite a clean bike. They are pretty stiff and the flat(ish) top is very comforable. I have FSA K-Wing on another bike and I can't tell the difference.... just half the price... Oh, and the cable routing was a sinch.

[​IMG]

4. thomas_cho

thomas_cho New Member

I checked out the carbonlord website, and saw that the drop on the bars are are 165mm. I think the K-wing is 145mm. Since you have both bars, do you notice much difference? Are those an accurate measurement of the drop?

I am tempted to get the token carbon bars just because of the price. Does anyone have the Token bars? Do they have a flatish bit just behind the place where you mount the shifters (like the K-wing)?

Cheers

5. ::dom::

::dom:: New Member

I did't notice the difference in drop... but I only ride in the drops for an extended period in a strong headwind. I'll go and measure them....

...a few minutes pass...

....the generic bars from Carbon Lord (44) have a 165 drop and the K-Wing's (44) drop is 155... probably why I didn't notice the difference.

Can't say much about the Token bars other than Ernie from Pro Cycling Discount (eBay store) has a load of Token products at reasonalbe prices.