carbon rim vs. mavic ksyrium SL

polynikes722

Apr 28, 2004
I currently have the Bontrager race *** lite rims but have been considering selling them and picking up a set of the 2004 Ksyrium SL's. My problem with the carbon is that I am constantly worried about them. How are they packed in the car - are they going to get cracked? Is the glue going to hold, am I going to crash and ruin these wheels? I am a collegiate racer and just don't know whether the few hundred grams is worth the extra effort / concearn that running carbon rims pose. Any comments?

Originally posted by polynikes722
I currently have the Bontrager race *** lite rims but have been considering selling them and picking up a set of the 2004 Ksyrium SL's. My problem with the carbon is that I am constantly worried about them. How are they packed in the car - are they going to get cracked? Is the glue going to hold, am I going to crash and ruin these wheels? I am a collegiate racer and just don't know whether the few hundred grams is worth the extra effort / concearn that running carbon rims pose. Any comments?

i dont see why youd worry any more about them then any other 1500 dollar tubular wheel set or whatever they cost.

that said id worry about any super expensive racing wheel set, so ya.

why replace them with ks tho, lots of good offerings at that price point