Carbon road bars and bar-end shifters?

kwalters

Guest
Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick, bar id too small
or too large,
or something else I didn't think of?

TIA. Ken

kwalters wrote:
> Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick, bar id too small
> or too large,
> or something else I didn't think of?

I built Record Ten BarCons in a Profile Carbon Stryke. Which
bar?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

kwalters wrote:
> Kestrel EMS Pro or Easton EC90.

EMS bar ID is 20.85

--

A Muzi wrote:

> kwalters wrote:
> > Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick, bar id too small
> > or too large,
> > or something else I didn't think of?

> I built Record Ten BarCons in a Profile Carbon Stryke. Which
> bar?

Kestrel EMS Pro or Easton EC90.

On Mon, 03 May 2004 17:33:16 -0700, kwalters <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick, bar id too small
>or too large,
>or something else I didn't think of?
>
>TIA. Ken

Maybe ask the bar maker?

Some carbon bars may split under the expansion force, but others may
be reinforced for that.