Carbon road bars and bar-end shifters?

Kwalters

Guest
Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick,
bar id too small or too large, or something else I
didn't think of?

TIA. Ken

kwalters wrote:
> Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick,
> bar id too small or too large, or something else I didn't
> think of?

I built Record Ten BarCons in a Profile Carbon Stryke.
Which bar?

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
April, 1971

A Muzi wrote:

> kwalters wrote:
> > Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick,
> > bar id too small or too large, or something else I
> > didn't think of?
>
> I built Record Ten BarCons in a Profile Carbon Stryke.
> Which bar?

Kestrel EMS Pro or Easton EC90.

kwalters wrote:
> Kestrel EMS Pro or Easton EC90.

EMS bar ID is 20.85

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
April, 1971

On Mon, 03 May 2004 17:33:16 -0700, kwalters <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick,
>bar id too small or too large, or something else I didn't
>think of?
>
>TIA. Ken

Maybe ask the bar maker?

Some carbon bars may split under the expansion force, but
others may be reinforced for that.