Carbon Steerer Expansion Plug Installation?

Kenny

Guest
Got an Easton all carbon fork. It came with what I think is an
expansion plug that goes into the steerer. The instructions that came
with the fork on how to install this plug isn't clear to me. So my
question is, how do I install it correctly? I have a picture of it
here:

http://bayimg.com/caFnKaABH

Thanks,
Kenny

On Aug 10, 10:58 am, Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:
> Got an Easton all carbon fork. It came with what I think is an
> expansion plug that goes into the steerer. The instructions that came
> with the fork on how to install this plug isn't clear to me. So my
> question is, how do I install it correctly? I have a picture of it
> here:
>
> http://bayimg.com/caFnKaABH
>
> Thanks,
> Kenny

Screw the bolt in a wee bit, insert into fork steerter and the ridges
of the lower part wiull begin to grip the inside of the
steerer...allowing you to further tighten the top bolt, adjusting the
headset..then secure the bolts on the stem around the fork
steerer..about 5nm is what you are looking for.