Carbon Time Trial Frame Distributor

EnduraneCoach

Guest
I am a bicycle dealer looking for an affordeable and quality carbon
Time Trial frame to offer.

I had planned on selling XLab frames/bikes, BUT found out that XLab is
limited on sizes and is NOT going to order or sell Time Trial frames
again any time soon. Rich is too busy with other products that are
successful. To repair any damage I've done by telling the world he is
not selling bikes any more. Please visit his site and check out his
unique products. Just Google XLab for the address.

I have access to some of the more expensive frames/bikes. I want to
fill a void that I thought XLab could fill.

I am open to ideas and will research any suggestions.

The frames need to be full carbon or close to it. I don't mind the use
of alloy lugs in the frame build. It just needs to be aero and stiff.
If an affordeable frame with the third quality of also being light
exists I'm probably sold. I realize finding a frame with 2 out of the
3 at a good price is what I will find.

In case you are a manufacturer or distributor reading this I own an
established business of over 16 years. Customer service is my focus. I
can honestly say in 16 years I have never had a customer that went
away unhappy... (I've had to lose some money on occasion, but I can
honestly say that.)

I will look at any product. It just has to pass my "bang for the buck"
test. The product must also be backed with a good warranty. If you
don't have a good warranty, that tells me that you are not confident
in what you have to offer.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message. If you have any
ideas let me know.

[Please don't flame me on my first post to this group. I'm new to the
group and if I broke a rule in this message please just mention it
nicely and I wont do it again. Thanks!]

Lastly... I love bike nerds and bicycle number geeks. I was called a
numbers geek a few weeks ago and it made my day.

-EnduranceCoach

> I will look at any product. It just has to pass my "bang for the buck"
> test. The product must also be backed with a good warranty. If you
> don't have a good warranty, that tells me that you are not confident
> in what you have to offer.

A good warranty is worthless if the company isn't around to honor it. And as
the only companies that might produce something you're interested in are all
in Asia, good luck getting things taken care of even if they *are* still
around.

It takes a very long time to establish a working relationship with a
reliable manufacturer and iron out all the bugs & kinks. Trying to get
something going quickly... well, if it were that easy, everybody would be
doing it.

What's wrong with currently-available product from established
manufacturers?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"EnduraneCoach" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>I am a bicycle dealer looking for an affordeable and quality carbon
> Time Trial frame to offer.
>
> I had planned on selling XLab frames/bikes, BUT found out that XLab is
> limited on sizes and is NOT going to order or sell Time Trial frames
> again any time soon. Rich is too busy with other products that are
> successful. To repair any damage I've done by telling the world he is
> not selling bikes any more. Please visit his site and check out his
> unique products. Just Google XLab for the address.
>
> I have access to some of the more expensive frames/bikes. I want to
> fill a void that I thought XLab could fill.
>
> I am open to ideas and will research any suggestions.
>
> The frames need to be full carbon or close to it. I don't mind the use
> of alloy lugs in the frame build. It just needs to be aero and stiff.
> If an affordeable frame with the third quality of also being light
> exists I'm probably sold. I realize finding a frame with 2 out of the
> 3 at a good price is what I will find.
>
> In case you are a manufacturer or distributor reading this I own an
> established business of over 16 years. Customer service is my focus. I
> can honestly say in 16 years I have never had a customer that went
> away unhappy... (I've had to lose some money on occasion, but I can
> honestly say that.)
>
> I will look at any product. It just has to pass my "bang for the buck"
> test. The product must also be backed with a good warranty. If you
> don't have a good warranty, that tells me that you are not confident
> in what you have to offer.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to read my message. If you have any
> ideas let me know.
>
> [Please don't flame me on my first post to this group. I'm new to the
> group and if I broke a rule in this message please just mention it
> nicely and I wont do it again. Thanks!]
>
> Lastly... I love bike nerds and bicycle number geeks. I was called a
> numbers geek a few weeks ago and it made my day.
>
> -EnduranceCoach

On May 22, 2:59 pm, EnduraneCoach <[email protected]>
wrote:
> I am a bicycle dealer looking for an affordeable and quality carbon
> Time Trial frame to offer.
>
> I had planned on selling XLab frames/bikes, BUT found out that XLab is
> limited on sizes and is NOT going to order or sell Time Trial frames
> again any time soon. Rich is too busy with other products that are
> successful. To repair any damage I've done by telling the world he is
> not selling bikes any more. Please visit his site and check out his
> unique products. Just Google XLab for the address.
>
> I have access to some of the more expensive frames/bikes. I want to
> fill a void that I thought XLab could fill.
>
> I am open to ideas and will research any suggestions.
>
> The frames need to be full carbon or close to it. I don't mind the use
> of alloy lugs in the frame build. It just needs to be aero and stiff.
> If an affordeable frame with the third quality of also being light
> exists I'm probably sold. I realize finding a frame with 2 out of the
> 3 at a good price is what I will find.
>
> In case you are a manufacturer or distributor reading this I own an
> established business of over 16 years. Customer service is my focus. I
> can honestly say in 16 years I have never had a customer that went
> away unhappy... (I've had to lose some money on occasion, but I can
> honestly say that.)
>
> I will look at any product. It just has to pass my "bang for the buck"
> test. The product must also be backed with a good warranty. If you
> don't have a good warranty, that tells me that you are not confident
> in what you have to offer.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to read my message. If you have any
> ideas let me know.
>
> [Please don't flame me on my first post to this group. I'm new to the
> group and if I broke a rule in this message please just mention it
> nicely and I wont do it again. Thanks!]
>
> Lastly... I love bike nerds and bicycle number geeks. I was called a
> numbers geek a few weeks ago and it made my day.
>
> -EnduranceCoach

Not carbon but look at

http://www.rideblue.com

On May 22, 11:39 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> [...]

> > can honestly say in 16 years I have never had a customer that went
> > away unhappy... (I've had to lose some money on occasion, but I can
> > honestly say that.)

> > I will look at any product. It just has to pass my "bang for the buck"
> > test. The product must also be backed with a good warranty. If you
> > don't have a good warranty, that tells me that you are not confident
> > in what you have to offer.

> > Thank you for taking the time to read my message. If you have any
> > ideas let me know.

> > [Please don't flame me on my first post to this group. I'm new to the
> > group and if I broke a rule in this message please just mention it
> > nicely and I wont do it again. Thanks!]

> > Lastly... I love bike nerds and bicycle number geeks. I was called a
> > numbers geek a few weeks ago and it made my day.

I do have accounts with established frame builders. I wont go to the
trouble to list them. I also usually try to send clients to their LBS
for complete bike purchase

I just enjoy seeing what else is out there. I personally have not been
aware of products at times and appreciate someone just offering ideas.
I consider myself aware of most products. Just simply asking this
group for ideas. I hope that is okay.

I will surprise you by saying that I agree with every word you said...
I'm not sure if this is where we could disagree, but I do consider
XLab a good product. I recognize your name and business name and
respect your opinion. I'm sure you agree that XLab offers great
products. (I have nothing to gain from XLab by the way. I just have a
great deal of respect for Rich and his experience. XLabs aero carriers
are very good products.)

Yeah, I'll stay away from most of the "ad your logo" companies in
Asia. With that said there are some good products coming from Asia and
are helpful to cyclist that want what we consider the best, but just
can't financially afford the best.

Again, you are correct. The warranty issues are important! The main
reason those "fly by night" frame builders scare me is because of
liability and the many stories I've heard of those frames basically
breaking/cracking and causing an accident.

So... back to the point. Please offer me names of good carbon frame
builders that may not have a big marketing budget and their name just
has not made it to my little city in West Texas. I don't mind if the
frames are made in Asia because most of them are.

Thank you and I appreciate your comments Mike.

This is Katherine from Shanghai Viko Composites Co., Ltd. We are the OEM manufacture of carbon bicycle parts for brand customers. Our main product is carbon frame, fork, handlebar, and some rims, please contact me freely if I can help you in someway.

Bes regards
Katherine